Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Any chest cough mild cold things going around?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ill in summer with the above.No fun at all
    Don’t suppose any of you know how to get it shifted quickly?Neil.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just me then.Wish I could stop the tiredness at least.

mechanicaldope

At least you can take pride in being patient zero. Remember to struggle into work and start spreading it about.

welshfarmer91

You are not alone, first time out today for a fortnight and was hard work but feeling much better for it.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve been roufh with my chest for about 3 weeks now. Can’t shift it.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve had a sore throat for a month if that counts 🙁

Gunz
    Free Member

Same here. Came down with it straight after the 24/12 as my body cried for help. It is taking a while to shift so it’s steady weight training only for me, better than nothing.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I thought no exercise,if symptoms below the neck was the deal on here.

Kahurangi

I’ve head a really nasty cough. It developed from manflu in to a nasty dry cough, still coughing but coughing bits up and another round of headcold. So far, about 4 weeks. hope to be rid of it just in time for the weather to improve 🤞

gobuchul
    Free Member

Had a chesty cough for about 2 weeks now. Really sore throat and lots of green stuff coming up.

It’s been getting better the last couple of days.

Gargling with soluble aspirin really helps with the sore throat.

Bunnyhop

Yes. Cold turned into a chesty cough which I can’t seem to shift. Just have to be patient and ride it out.

ferrals
    Free Member

Yep, two weeks and counting, went out on bike sunday but even just spinning the legs my HR was up at the level normally seen midway throguh a XC race so I gave up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yep,definitely something going round then.As I,m asthmatic I will need to be extra careful.Sick in August is very depressing.

lunge

Yep, feels like the cough I get after a really hard running effort but this one sticks around rather than disappears after a couple of hours. I’ve had mine all summer since May, off to the docs tomorrow to see if there is anything to worry about.

globalti
    Free Member

If it’s bronchitis try ibuprofen, bronchitis is inflammation of the airways and ibuprogfen is an anti-inflammatory.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks globalti,I,m afraid I,m not allowed to take Ibuprofen with my asthma.On a more positive note I have just had curry and coke and I feel a good bit better.Pouring with sweat must do the trick.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I guess the early autumn thread is the answer.

slackalice
    Free Member

Columbian flu for a couple of days following a small social gathering. That’s the trouble when mixing with the great unwashed.

imnotverygood

My two boys have been coughing persistently for the past couple of days.
    However, seeing as they are both collies I’m assuming it’s a bout of Kennel Cough.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I must be a collie.

cheers_drive

I woke Monday morning gagging on my uvula. It was half way down my throat. When I checked in the mirror it was so inflamed that I couldn’t see the back of my mouth. Its back to normal size now but my throat is really sore and it’s therefore difficult to drink.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Don’t like the sound of that

roach

Oooh not just me then. Been ill for about 4 weeks now. Started with a chest infection then cold, now sinus infection and cough. Just got a new bike so hoping I’ll shift it soon.

Someone said pollen been particularly bad this year and can cause complications with a cold.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Hoping nothing comes of it, but felt quite run down today and a definite feeling of throat becoming lurgified, should have gone out in the dry weather but ended up in bed and just about forcing myself through a VO2 max Zwift session a while ago.

senorj

Our whole street has had bronchial flu.
    Two weeks of headaches and snot .Swiftly followed by an enforced 3 day bed rest plus a dry cough which eventually turns wet(think Neil in the young ones sick,man).
    I’ve had the cough for 4 weeks now but a good steam at the weekend really fettled me up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bronchial flu in July/August!What the hell is going on?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Senor,sorry if I’m a bit thick,but what is a good steam?

senorj

Turkish baths type of steam.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Oh,I see.I’ll have to make do with a hot shower.Not sure how my currently problematic asthma condition would fair in a Sauna.

Duggan

Fine here but last year I had a dry cough that lasted almost 16 weeks I think it was. I’m pretty fit and healthy too so was a bit of an eye opener and the doctors didn’t seem particularly worried when I eventually went. So not really sure what my point is other than they really can last for ages and it’ll go away at some point.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Only a week here,cant imagine what 16 weeks feels like.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Any chest cough mild cold things going around?’ is closed to new replies.