Home Forums Chat Forum Any cafe/pub food recommendations in or around Lincoln please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any cafe/pub food recommendations in or around Lincoln please
  • MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC and I are having a couple of nights away over there next week to explore the city and the Wolds – any suggestions for casual dining would be appreciated.

rockhopper70

Not food related, but for maximum impact, if you arrive at the docks level then walk up steep hill to the Cathedral, it’s really incredible how steep it actually is.  And there is an amazing shop halfway up which sells bits, gauges, dials etc from stripped out aircraft.

I really like the vibe in Lincoln and we are having another night there in December, some watching this for restaurant recommendations!  It seems they are either at the bottom end or the top end. In between is just too steep.

MoreCashThanDash

Steep Hill isn’t the most original name, but it’s descriptive.

Many years since I was last there but I have it in my head that there’s a plaque on a building up there commemorating King John’s persecution of the Jews, which has always stuck with me.

sadexpunk

lincoln dweller here.  whereabouts are you staying?  and yes, the cathedral/castle area is the nicest area to visit really (bailgate).

and are you biking or walking in the wolds, or just driving through for the scenery?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.