Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any ASMR addicts in?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Listening the Radcliffe & Maconie at the weekend they mentioned there are YouTube videos that help evoke the tingly ASMR reaction. But they seem to consist of people whispering or cracking things Infront of a microphone which doesn’t work mefor. Any one else endulge?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Yes, love it.

Feels wrong to admit to this, not sure why. 🙂

Quietly spoken hits the spot more than whispered for me.

Mat

Yep – like outofbreath I always feel quite embarassed to admit it though. They’re good for getting to sleep when I’ve got too much rushing through my mind. I never really feel like I get a proper ASMR from them to be fair (I do from other interactions) but I just find them relaxing/distracting. Not sure why I’m sharing personal secrets on a public forum.

DezB
    Free Member

Horrible.
    Here’s one I have to skip whenever I play the album

bob_summers

Works for me but usually IRL; the YT vids don’t really hit the spot, they seem a bit contrived. Something simple and organic usually set it off like rain on the roof of my childhood bedroom which was a converted attic. Weirdly I first became aware of it listening to a Michel Thomas CD years ago. I could hear his false teeth clicking a bit as he spoke and it sounded so satisfying I just zoned out the speech and focused on the clicking. Speech often sets it off.
    A voice actor pretending to give me a haircut or manicure (there are also p0rn ones on Spotify!) won’t scratch the itch though. Reminds me of the scene in Detectorists when Lance is being hypnotised.

swavis

I find it has the completely opposite effect on me and really winds me up. I haven’t discovered a label or acronym for my condition yet though 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Never heard of it before and that video ^^ does not do it for me.

However, reading about it reminds me of a strange thing that happened in school. A friend gave me a tape of some music, and after the music was a further half hour or so of his sister (who I’d not met) practising some sort of presentation on biology. Nothing sexy or exciting about it, a perfectly normal voice, however it seemed to have a similar effect on me to that which is described on the wiki page for ASMR. Although not exactly the same.

bigdean

On a similar theame a long track of factory/ machinery background noise would do it for me. Not too loud but the clunks and clicks of a tool change and quiet hum of machining could send me too sleep.

Edit: OK so nothing like ASMR.

Houns

No, but I’ll admit to watching blackhead popping videos

rOcKeTdOg

An ex girlfriend reading aloud did have the effect but sadly the rest of her was joined to her lips

scaredypants

swavis
    Subscriber
    I find it has the completely opposite effect on me and really winds me up. I haven’t discovered a label or acronym for my condition yet though

Just had a look at wikipedia, which offers:

Loudly chewing, crunching, slurping or biting foods, drinks, or gum

That’d send me on a killing spree if it was done well enough – I’ve banned myself from cinemas for pretty much exactly that

vickypea
    Free Member

I really don’t like the whispering ones. There’s one video where a woman folds towels while whispering and it sets my teeth on edge!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any ASMR addicts in?’ is closed to new replies.