• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any architects in? Elevation names.
  • gtkid
    Free Member

Doing some plans and can’t remember the name for the birds eye view elevation?
    Cheers.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Plan view?

(Only remember it from techy drawing at school)

gtkid
    Free Member

Could be, was thinking upper elecation as opposed to left/right/ front

AmyYoung
    Free Member

From what you discribe, Plan View. Elevation is from the side of the building.

aP
    Free Member

axonometric (45degree)

could also try worms eye axo (favourite view of Big Jim)

aP
    Free Member

Or for the more adventurous there’s always the Swabeyprojection invented by a friend of mine which is a complicated plan/elevation/30degreeplanometric which was challenging to read 😯

wonnyj
    Free Member

Isometric? 30deg innit

gtkid
    Free Member

Plan view it is then. Got all the other side etc elevations done. Axonometric is maybe a bit much for some velux windows!!

MTT
    Free Member

aP – i am embarrassed, i really had to think about that one, its definitely Stirling (or Big Jim as you put it). Staats galerie? (sp?)

Do you have any images of your mates drawing style out of curiosity?

aP
    Free Member

lol @ mtt

It’s not the “Britisher architect” building, I think it might be the side of the Turner Wing at the Tate (Looks really shabby now – it’s not aged well, I remember going to see it just after it had opened in 87)
    I’ll see if I can get him to dig out the drawing and send me an image of it.

How’s life treating you up there? We’re seeing the hurt coming.

A>

MTT
    Free Member

Shows what i know! That advert is brilliant, bookmarked in anticipation of future over use 😀

I’ll see if I can get him to dig out the drawing and send me an image of it.

Great.

How’s life treating you up there? We’re seeing the hurt coming.

I signed on last week. In the line i was outnumbered by groups of dark rimmed glasses, black polo necks and moleskin sketch books. Good luck, i think i am going to diversify to carrying a gun in Afghanistan. 😥

aP
    Free Member

Bugger.

BD was a bit depressing this week.

A>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any architects in? Elevation names.’ is closed to new replies.