Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any 90mm air forks around?
  • DickBarton

I’ve decide my Pace needs to get used – 2k rc-200 f8. Was kitted out with pace rc-36 forks, but those are pretty dead now and can’t be fixed economically.
    According to Pace, the max travel the f8 will take is 90mm, so where should I be looking for replacement forks?
    26″ wheel and currently a 9mm qr but happy to change to something else if the fork is right.
    Woke up yesterday morning and decided this – can’t post on main forum page and just found the post method on the bike section, so asking now.
    Don’t mind second hand but it’ll need a long steerer and be decent quality so I’m not constantly servicing the fork.
    Ta.

mattyfez

100mm forks will be easier to find

https://www.srsuntour.com/products/fork/EPIXON-9-6202.html

Can you really not just run 100mm?

nixie

Fox used to do the float in 90mm (and 100mm). Often under the model f90 or f100 (OEM models). I’d look for those or some 26″ sids.

DickBarton

According to Pace, the extra 10mm will put too much stress on head tube and snap it off.

DickBarton

According to Pace, the extra 10mm will put too much stress on head tube and snap it off.

Sids were just cooled down strands of spaghetti, were they not?

Fox would be good but at that age, are they likely to be destroyed inside?

Good suggestions, though, will look out for some as they might be the only options.

mattyfez

Maybe but before I got my cube frame I put a set of 120mm epixons on my carrera frame which came with 80mm as standard… It was fine but I don’t really do extreme riding.

BearBack
    Free Member

Up until 2015 MY you could internally adjust 32 Floats.
    2013-2015 by 10mm increments with clip on parts.
    Prior to 2013 was by moving a pin inside I think but 20mm increments (80/100/120)

scotroutes

According to Pace, the extra 10mm will put too much stress on head tube and snap it off

Given that the A2C on “100mm” forks would vary across manufacturers and models, I suspect they’re being a bit too cautious. Assuming 20% sag, you’re looking at only 8mm difference between a 90mm and 100mm fork anyway.

lovewookie

what was the A-C on the RC36? IIRC they were quite short forks compared to the forks around the Fox F90 age.
    I’d be more inclined to try to find a set of rockshox REBA dual air and space them down to 80mm.

scotroutes
    DickBarton

Can you reduce travel in SIDs? From qqtmm down?

DickBarton

110mm, not 115!

robido

I have some fox f100 £65 posted. Hardly been used came of giant anthem x. 1″/8th steerer

sv

Robido if OP isn’t interested I would be.

DickBarton

What steerer length please?

robido

Sv. Yours if you want them. Where you based

sv

@robido pm’d you.

simonalex99

These on ebay? Not mine BTW. Had a look for rebas at 80mm (Italy and expensive). Also sids but more expensive

Marzocchi z5’s:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marzocchi-Z5-Alloy-80mm-Travel-Fork-Red-Quick-Release-Disc-Brake/143489871592?hash=item2168a9aee8:g:~kAAAOSwQTVeDknd

DickBarton

Ta…look good but I’ll need to double check steerer length as I think it is about 190mm…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any 90mm air forks around?’ is closed to new replies.