Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another shed thread
  • matt_outandabout

I’ve need to store 6 bikes, ideally all accessible without having to move other bikes.

Firstly, what size of shed do I need? We cram four bikes into a 7×4 bike store at present, not ideal…

I’m happy to build my own, and this would make use of the wonky ended yard we have. That said it would be less hassle and cheaper to off the shelf…I think.

jam-bo

Hang them on a wall. Road bikes take less space than mtb.

I’d say 10×8 probably smallest sensible size with them hung along the long side.

matt_outandabout

Hmm, that’s smaller than I was thinking.

I’ve seen a 12×8 or 12×10, with a middle of long wall double door. This would mean bikes could be either side of the door, hung as you say.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hang some of ours, there’s four in that pic, the two ladies of the house, my pub bike and my main bike. You can get them really close if you twist the bars but that involves faff, the first 3 rarely get used so they have bars twisted. All hung on those on one bike hangers which are dirt cheap. Space for those 4 is probably 1.5m x1.2m.
    You’d need a full height access door as well as the full width.

matt_outandabout

I definitely need no bar twisting or faff – we have this at present, plus having to move multiple bikes to get to some just is a faff..

jam-bo

Hmm, that’s smaller than I was thinking.

Obvs. Bigger is betterer but I think you’d get away with 10×8

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another shed thread’ is closed to new replies.