Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • another RC Helikopter thread
  • emma82
    Free Member

newist addition to the family, just for Elfin to cry over. Picked it up today, I have named him blade 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Gets a little bit too excited. Has a little ‘accident’)

emma82
    Free Member

lol, you should see it fly. So far it’s been kept away from my hair I am pleased to say

flip
    Free Member

Rad, you should have called him ‘Chopper’ really.

My son has one.

I play with it 😳

aracer
    Free Member

You secretly like them, don’t you Emma? Was very tempted by one of those, but I think I’ll probably get one of these instead as they seem to get a much better write-up.

Though I’ve mainly moved on to proper planes now – one of these got its maiden flight yesterday:

emma82
    Free Member

I suppose they are sort of fun. I don’t think I’ll get the serious geeks about it but I might have a little play with this one if allowed 😀

aracer
    Free Member

I might have a little play with this one if allowed

If you crash it, you’ll have to point out to him that he should have got the one I pictured, as that has a self-stabilising beginners’ mode 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

that SE5a reminds me of one that crashed into my helicopter one day.

sports hall at a local school, electric helis & eletric planes are not allowed in the air at the same time. SE5a stayed in the air longer than its allocated time, and I was just warming up my heli – still on the ground BTW – when the SE5a landed and taxied straight into the whirling rotor blades.

The SE5a was made of very thin plastic.

Are you familiar with the word “mulch”?

my heli is one of these:

aracer
    Free Member

The SE5a was made of very thin plastic.

Not a commercial kit/ARTF/RTF I presume? Certainly not heard of any kit/ARTF/RTF WW1 planes small enough to fly in a hall apart from the Flyzone Albatros.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yes I think it’s a commercial RTF or ARTF model. Or ‘was’…

I’ll see if I can find some details

might well have been one of these: http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroonline/e3parkzone/e3_pkz5580_se5a/e3_se5a.html

although perhaps that’s a bit on the large side. Might well have been handmade depron, which would be even more of a “aaarrrrggghhhh” moment for its pilot

CountZero

I rather fancy one of these:
    http://www.rctoysdirect.co.uk/index.php?page=product&product=70&category=Helicopters&menu=categ&head=CHINOOK%20MID

Get them flying around here, and they look a bit slow and ponderous, until one goes over at treetop height being given proper welly, and you suddenly realise just how fast the bloody things can go!

Harry_the_Spider

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o[/video]

dugsud
    Free Member

Just built my Trex 450 into this Hughes body….looks great but it’ll probably fly a lot worse!

Before

After

binners

Pfft. RC Helicopters are, just, like, sooooooooooooooooo last year.

Remote control dragonflies are where its at….

Great fun, in a barely controllable manner. Marvel at how a five year old girl can stand in the middle of a huge empty field, and somehow manage to somehow get it stuck on a church roof down the road 😆

emma82
    Free Member

Love that spam re-ignited this thread but Elfin isn’t even here any more to see it 🙁 Anyway, hubby has a much bigger better one now….although he trashed it a couple of weeks ago in a hedge and the blade cut through a fair few branches and now he’s a bit scared to fly it given how much it cost to repair.

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, I just put a new camera mount on my Mikrokopter – now need a gap in the weather to play with it 🙂

Mikrokopter Hexa XL by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

AlexSimon

oooh – what kind of camera can it cope with? GoPro? iPhone? Sony RX100?

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I have one of those Blades-soooo much more difficult to fly than a Blade MSR-the rotors can do serious damage to furniture & walls as they rotate much quicker so watch out! Also not self stabilising so just keeps going in the same direction until opposite control applied.
    Should see the way some local lads fly them 3D-don’t think I’ll ever get to that stage unless I practice hours a day.

bencooper
    Free Member

oooh – what kind of camera can it cope with? GoPro? iPhone? Sony RX100?

Sony A900 full-frame with decent-size lens – this thing will lift 2kgs 🙂

AlexSimon

🙂 I think you misnamed it!
    Makrokopter

bencooper
    Free Member

🙂 Aye, it’s relatively small compared to the big commercial ones, though.

Milkie
    Free Member

That does look nice! I could do with one of those to replace my Walkera Micro 4#3, although my 450 size copter hasn’t flown since the first week I bought it. 😳

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

If you’re going to get a “proper” one, you’d be wise to practice on this
    http://www.heliguy.com/article/FMS-Flying-Model-Simulator/

AlexSimon

Just had a trawl and seen the price of a Mikrokopter Hex 😯

bencooper
    Free Member

Aye, this is about £3.5k worth, once you add on the GPS. It’s also supposed to get video downlink with First Person View to some goggles.

FMS is very good, you can pick up USB dummy transmitters for not much.

emma82
    Free Member

There are videos on t’int of a chap flying his with a camera on, he flies over the top of a city in Australia I think he’s in, through his apartment, through woods and across the beach etc. They are pretty cool. Don’t they use them in america to check out dodgy buildings from the top to save risking peoples necks to start off with?

wisepranker
    Free Member

I wish they made a cheap RC heli that was powerful enough to mount my Gopro to. Just can’t justify the cost of some of the bigger ones 🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

Don’t they use them in america to check out dodgy buildings from the top to save risking peoples necks to start off with?

Yes – I used an earlier one to check on my dad’s guttering 🙂

I also built a very powerful 8-rotor one for the government H&S laboratories, to fly sensors into the plumes off chimneys.

seosamh77
    Free Member

not a helicopter, obviously, but I wish I have the 2 grand spare to splash out on one for these, maybe some day..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vGyzuOVldU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:tbszephyr

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘another RC Helikopter thread’ is closed to new replies.