Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Another New Bike Suggestions Thread
  • chevychase

Not for me, but for a friend. I know what I want – a green cotic solaris mk3 with bottle mounts on the down tube but hey ho. No, this is for a mate.

He needs a short travel trail bike. I know everyone’ll just say “Whyte T130 S” but other suggestions will be eagerly received. 3 grand max, much more south if possible. The new Santa Cruz 5010 Alloy is about the same price as the Whyte.

Anyone got other ideas pretty please? 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Transition Scout.

Everyone should have one.

New range of TR bikes coming in the Autumn may well spur a few Scout to appear for sale. But not mine. Its mine.

andytheadequate
    Free Member

The other common recommendations in this category are Orange 4, Cotic Flare, Bird Aires 120 and maybe a Canyon (I think Neuron in their short travel bike).

Although I’m sure someone will also come along and suggest an Edit or Radon 170mm travel mega bike soon 🙂

riklegge

Vitus Escarpe- lots of fun and good value
    Canyon Spectral(?- whatever the shorter travel one is)
    Commencal V4 trail
    one of the Propain bikes?
    Direct might be a good option to get the value for money, although with all the usual potential drawbacks about buying online.

EDIT- forgot about the Bird 120, tell him to get this, the Bird is great.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can I be the first to say he should get a 29er?

poah
    Free Member

New MY18 transition will be out in September and they will be boost with more travel and their sbg geo

chevychase

Ta for the ideas. MY18 transition’s a no-go – he’ll have one in the next few weeks 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you see the PSA for orange fives the other day?

They had segments and fours as well, if 140mm is too much travel.

blitz

In true recommend what you’ve got tradition, I’d suggest a look at the Orbea Occam AM.

Fantastic bike. I demoed it against the aeris 120 and Whyte t130 and it my preferred choice although lots to like about those two as well.

Had an email yesterday saying the 2018 Occam bikes are to be announced next week so might be some deals about soon on 2017 bikes. Looks like cycle surgery have started discounting which is where I got mine from. Full carbon bike here (which is what I have) for £2699 and WELCOME5 code gets another 5% off that.

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/orbea-occam-am-m30-cs-spec-2017-Q1224437.157.html?gclid=CKDd2Nj0gdUCFca77QodDUYNwg&gclsrc=aw.ds#/rdl

Might be other retailers discounting soon so could be worth keeping an eye out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Another New Bike Suggestions Thread’ is closed to new replies.