Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Another LBS going – Pedal Pushers Guildford
  • njee20
    Free Member

Heard about this today, not been in for a while I admit, but they were a proper family run LBS in a (reasonably) town centre location, always good for those slightly quirky bits and bobs.

Apparently having a closing down sale as the owner wants to retire, so may be worth popping in.

nedrapier

Is that the one on Stoke road? Surprised he’s not retired already! He looked ready to 10 years ago!

Where are the bike shops in Guildford now, then?

thepurist

Where are the bike shops in Guildford now, then?

CycleWorks in Burpham, Giant store near the town centre, Evans out by the A3, ebike shop down by the police station

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s the one. Is the Giant store still up near Epsom Road? Thought that had gone.

thepurist

Is the Giant store still up near Epsom Road? Thought that had gone.

I phoned them a couple of weeks back trying to sort a demo ride out, no mention of closing down when we were looking at dates.  Demo fell through for other reasons.

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah I was thinking years back. Don’t tend to go to Guildford as much these days.

lcj

Cycleworks at Burpham have changed their signage in the last week or so and are now displaying a giant Ace Bicycles banner. Anyone know what that’s about?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cycleworks in Burpham is now under new ownership I believe, hence Ace Bicycles. It still has the same very helpful people working there, with the addition of a couple more very experienced and knowledgeable people.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Not surprised to be honest . I’ve lived round the corner for nearly 40 years and used them when I first lived here, so I would think they must be overdue for retirement. I think a relation used to own the bike shop in Knaphill before it became Switchback Cycles. It’s a shame to see an independent shop close down but I never saw that many customers in there when I walked past. They were good for random bits for my old Condor, back in the day, but I haven’t been in there in ages as I tend to use the Giant store, which, to the best of my knowledge, is not about to close any time soon.

Cheezpleez

Bought my first MTB there in 1988. 😟

NigE5
    Free Member

I do belive that pedal Pushers have a large stock of speed boats in the back room that they kept winning in a competion in a local paper……………

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Another LBS going – Pedal Pushers Guildford’ is closed to new replies.