Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • another “can you ask your singletrack mates please” – SkyGo on a smart tv?
  • sadexpunk

my mate would like to watch his skygo content (live footy) on his work LG smart tv.  ive had a look for him and cant work it out, it seems to want ‘silverlight’ installing, then wont allow it, says you have to go to play store then wont allow that either.

a quick google suggests that skygo cannot be viewed on a tv and its as the name suggests, for mobile devices.  i thought id check with the real experts tho 😉

he can access it on his phone or tablet, but even if he tries to connect tablet to tv via hdmi, it comes up with a licensing issue.  he has also tried by way of work pc browser connected to tv via hdmi but it still says silverlight needed and wont let him instal it.

any ideas, besides ditch sky, get some work done instead etc etc 😀

ta

tomhoward

Doubt it, It won’t work if I mirror my iPhone screen through Apple TV, app just shuts straight down.

could he not just take the sky box to work?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Can you screen cast from phone to the TV.

You can with a Chromecast anyway.

sadexpunk

hes got an iphone, would that still be possible?  and i dont think taking the box to work is an option, his family will be wanting to watch that while hes at work.

thanks

sadexpunk

we’re getting closer, ive lent him my chromecast v1.  dont think the iphone will have chromecast app available, but he chose ‘smart cast’ and can get the cast icon to tv and play local content, but just seems skygo is all tied up to not being able to be used this way……

lunge

No is my first instinct, certainly I’ve tried it and not found a way.

sadexpunk

yeah, we’ve given up now.  tried with my android phone, connected youtube to chromecast fine, installed skygo and started watching that on my phone but theres just no option to cast.

all roads lead to sky having it well and truly tied up.

thanks anyway.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m not saying press the cast button.

I’m saying cast the screen which is an option in your Google home app.

It’ll show whatever is on the phone screen.

So the phone would be out of action.

tomhoward

‘It’ll show whatever is on the phone screen.’

Sky are wise to that, the app just shuts down, as I said up there ⬆️

joshvegas
    Free Member

Sorry Tom thought you were talking about apple tv.

Worth a punt.

sadexpunk

Thought it was worth a punt too so tried it. Thought it was going to work but then screen said  “External display output is blocked.”

Thanks

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Windows device to hmdi out.

Cougar

For that full-screen effect, watch on tablet, hold tablet closer to face.

FuzzyWuzzy

Sky Go Extra + a second hand PS3 is probably the cheapest option (Extra is a £5 a month option but also something the Retention department are usually happy to include for free when negotiating).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘another “can you ask your singletrack mates please” – SkyGo on a smart tv?’ is closed to new replies.