Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Annecy next week. Take a MTB?
  • Slacks
    Free Member

I’m staying out in Annecy next week for a break with family. Wondered if there would be any point in taking a mtb at this time of year? I can lob it in the back as i’m driving down and have plenty of room.

Top of the Semnoz is covered in snow from my research. Would anything be rideable down on the lower slopes?

NewRetroTom

Anything below 1,000m and with a southerly aspect is going to be pretty much snow free at the moment. Doesn’t look like it’s going to snow down low in the next week at the moment. I’m sure you’ll be able to get some riding in.

Slacks
    Free Member

Cheers for reply. Much appreciated.

Mugboo

This is impossible to explain but the hill from Semnoz back to Annecy is amazing. The problem is that its not signposted. The red VTT is dull as dishwater, use it till it crosses the road but once you’ve entered on the other side its better to follow your nose.

I got the bus up from town and luckily for me there were 5 fast Frenchies onboard who knew it like the back of there hands. After I hit them up with my best French (not good) they said why not follow us…

If I remember rightly we turned off after the road crossing where it said no VTT and thats where the fun began, its amazing how fast you can ride with the weight of your country on your shoulders!

I do remember turning left and back on ourselves at one point and crossing over the road that comes up from town before crossing back over further down where they pretty much parted a bush behind some Armco to start again. And we popped out above a skate park i think.

Might be worth checking out Trailforks but rest assured theres some great trails up there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Annecy next week. Take a MTB?’ is closed to new replies.