Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ankle support brace…..
  • oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Anyway some 40 years ago i went over on my right ankle, did a lot of damage but its always been a bit “soft”

Over the last few years it is now at the point that it goes over regularly on uneven ground, i have no pain it just goes over.

I use a basic ankle support thing and strap my work boots up but thats not enough support.

Dont fancy surgery anyone got any advice on ankle support options, i also do my daily exercises to try and improve it but i think the ligaments are probably knackered.

danmac
    Free Member

I personally use a nike sb strap on my left ankle. Had a bad break on it ten years ago and its never been right since. Seems to give me good support when skating and riding

ton

Aircast a60.

best you can get. i used one for a year prior to getting my ankle fused.
    stops ankle rollover.

https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/ankle-braces/02TLR.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA95aRBhCsARIsAC2xvfyUMnn5U5fgI_-GBxB8zpTou4drYktjWogUtU1xLHC4qtDcOqQi49EaAnPVEALw_wcB

sobriety
    Free Member

Dont fancy surgery anyone got any advice on ankle support options, i also do my daily exercises to try and improve it but i think the ligaments are probably knackered.

Have you had proper physio – I had some on my left ankle, and loads of it was wobble/balance training, the physio said that a lot of it was retraining my brain to balance on that ankle, as I’d gone over on it so many times that if I caught it my brain would just “nope” out and collapse me. It really helped and it’s been really good for years since – picked up a yoga balance pad in lidl last week to help me keep on top of it.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Cheers all that A60 looks good

t3ap0t
    Free Member

I wear a mcdavid 199 to play football in, wouldn’t want to wear it for prolonged periods but they make many other models that are a but less rigid.

susepic
    mlltt

Space brace, the latest version has additional supports you can add, plenty of UK distributors now too

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Do you do regular strengthening exercises and and occasionally go to a physio?

If not putting a brace on will only compound your problems

fasthaggis

Timely thread,I could have written the OP’s first post and am currently sitting here with a swollen ankle. You could put it out with a hard stare these days so I have been thinking about a brace,or just wearing ski boots all the time 😀 thanks for some of the recommendations.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ankle support brace…..’ is closed to new replies.