Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Angry neighbours block ambulance for 3hrs, patient dies
  • jonesyboy

Utter Bell endery, but maybe it’s also time the planning guys made sure access was not an issue and there are parking bays for ambulances? Care home shoe horned into a site that is not 100% practical, plenty of them around here like that.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Not clear if the delay caused the death

She added: “The gentleman did actually pass away before they could have helped him but if they needed to respond very quickly they wouldn’t have been able to

racefaceec90

indeed i hope the police do press charges against them for holding up the ambulances. tools

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mick, what are you saying there? The delay didn’t cause the death?

pondo

She certainly suggests it, but even so – just do not understand a mindset that gets so angry about parking you’re prepared for a stranger to die about it (the blockers couldn’t have known whether their actions would cause death or injury).

rene59
    Free Member

Can you imangine how crazy people are going to get when everything goes electric vehicles? The fighting over limited charging facilities and who is more entitled to the communal ones is going to be outstanding.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rene my guess is there will be more charging points around by then.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh yeah. It is going to be exceptional. 😁

rene59
    Free Member

Rene my guess is there will be more charging points around by then.

No doubt, but there won’t be nearly enough for everyone to have their own, and for large swathes of the population we all know, when it comes to cars at least, everyone has entitlement to ‘their’ parking space as it is now.

convert

Near Unnamed Road, Battle TN33 0TG
    https://goo.gl/maps/FagBrumgVkk

Looking at the location using satellite view there does seems to be an impressive lack of parking for somewhere with 24 staff (no idea how many would be working at one time), relatives visiting of the 20 residents and the inevitable ambulances a place like that would need. Bellendery certainly but also doesnt look like a business trying to minimize its impact on its neighbours.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Can you imangine how crazy people are going to get when everything goes electric vehicles?

I reckon other tripping hazard where they have cobbled together the extension leads will be more of an issue , mind that will be for the foot of pavement they’re not parked on.

outofbreath
    Free Member

it’s also time the planning guys made sure access was not an issue and there are parking bays for ambulances?

Possibly a little bit of this.

A care home near me has Ambulances parked outside probably 1/3 of the time. They’ve got loads of space so it causes no issue. *If* there were a similar sized carehome where ambulance presence blocked access to to a significant number of houses I can well imagine it becoming a very real problem and extreme action being taken. This case *feels* like it *might* be a bit different to all the other similar cases.

BigJohn

I’m one of the nicest people I know but if I lived in a narrow lane and somebody decided to convert a private house with limited parking space near me into a nursing home, I might get a bit narked with all the extra vehicles blocking the road all day every day.

Drac

It’s not exactly limited though.

Only idiots block ambulances in.

johnners
    Free Member

I’m one of the nicest people I know

As well as one of the most modest.

mikey74
    Free Member

Can you imangine how crazy people are going to get when everything goes electric vehicles? The fighting over limited charging facilities and who is more entitled to the communal ones is going to be outstanding.

This is why the only way electric cars will completely take over is when they become self charging. Plugins are a short term option only.

With regard to the OP: Planning needs to take a lead on this and have better controls for parking provision, but that’s no excuse for people to act like t****. What kind of person abuses emergency staff while they are trying to do their job?

Superficial
    Free Member

Assuming, as the article suggests, that the person couldn’t have been saved, isn’t this nevertheless one of those crimes where the outcome could have been a lot worse and so should be punished accordingly?

Anyway, even if this unfortunate sole couldn’t be saved, by wasting paramedic time you are taking them away from other people who might need their help.

Lock ’em up.

martinhutch

Planning needs to take a lead on this and have better controls for parking provision,

It is a Care Quality Commission issue:

All premises and equipment used by the service provider must be—
    clean,
    secure,
    suitable for the purpose for which they are being used,
    properly used
    properly maintained, and
    appropriately located for the purpose for which they are being used.

Blocking in ambulances is twattery of the highest order, nevertheless.

squirrelking
    Free Member

This is why the only way electric cars will completely take over is when they become self charging. Plugins are a short term option only.

Yeah but the oil companies won’t let us have perpetual energy.

That aside, these **** need to start getting prosecuted. Blocking emergency staff in the execution of their duties should be an offence. Also, ambulances need push bars if not police cars. One thing America does do right, good for shunting.

CountZero

Yeah but the oil companies won’t let us have perpetual energy.

Oh yes, of course, Big Oil is sitting on perpetual motion technology!
    #rollseyes
    There’s plenty of different avenues to getting predominantly electric powered cars up to the sort of ranges currently given by IC cars, roughly 5-600 miles per charge. Hybrid drives using a small IC motor as a generator for the batteries and electric motors, like Mazda are bringing out using a small single rotor Wankel mounted horizontally just to power the electric drive, and new developments in cheap fuel cell technology using hydrogen show real promise.
    What won’t happen is change overnight.

Drac

I’m one of the nicest people I know but if I lived in a narrow lane and somebody decided to convert a private house with limited parking space near me into a nursing home, I might get a bit narked with all the extra vehicles blocking the road all day every day.

mikey74
    Free Member

It is a Care Quality Commission issue:

Actually, it’s a planning issue as well: When the council considers a planning application they have to consider access, parking, amenities etc. The Building Regs contains quite specific guidance for access for fire fighting, and all major applications also have to incorporate consultation with the fire department over suitable access. If it isn’t the case at the moment, it should include provision for all emergency vehicles.

This incident seems to be a result of 1) poor planning of the facility, and 2) neighbour twattery of the highest order.

squirrelking
    Free Member

**** sake CZ you had a sense of humour bypass? I thought perpetual energy was a dead giveaway.

Drac

This incident seems to be a result of 1) poor planning of the facility, and 2) neighbour twattery of the highest order.

No just 2 they deliberately blocked the ambulance instead of parking on their drive.

footflaps

No doubt, but there won’t be nearly enough for everyone to have their own, and for large swathes of the population we all know, when it comes to cars at least

You should visit Scandinavia, in most cities every car parking spot has a socket for a sump heater. It really isn’t that difficult.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Angry neighbours block ambulance for 3hrs, patient dies’ is closed to new replies.