Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Android 12 – anyone upgraded?
  • dirkpitt74

My Pixel keeps reminding me that Android 12 is ready fore to download and install.

Anyone upgraded yet?

Caher

Mine’s saying nothing.

chipster

Mine neither.

Caher

Whoops spoke too soon. Did a check for system update and 12 is ready to install.

cp

Did my 3a xl last night. All ok, no issues.

Murray

Pixel 4, no issues

stumpy01

Did my Pixel 4a last night.
    2 minor issues:

1) the volume control when casting using the volume buttons on the device has stopped working. It’s been widely reported so imagine there will be a fix but it’s a bit frustrating.
    You have to go back in the app you are casting from to adjust the volume or go into the Google Home app.

2) the lock screen message I have set up “if found, please call…..” no longer scrolls so you can’t see half the message.
    No showstopper but a bit annoying.

Poopscoop

Ha, didn’t know an update was due.

Updated my 3XL ok. Killed the onboard keyboard initially till I rebooted then all well.

scotroutes

Not yet. But I do have a Pixel 6 on order.

Poopscoop

^^ Did you get the deal with the free £300 headphones?

I bet there’ll be a load of those on eBay soon. Stonking deal.

scotroutes

The Bose? Yep.

Poopscoop

That’s the girl. Did you go for the Pro? I’d love the 4x optical but it’s way too much money for a mobile for me. When they start going secondhand in the future I might though.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve been using the beta of Android 12 for a while on my 3a
    I like it – though I maybe preferred 11s UI. Though I can’t remember why now! Liked the older quick settings but prefer the new icons and fonts

I am also about to order the pixel 6.
    Great deal with those headphones included and I love the camera on the 3a but the phone is a little slow and I’ve cracked the screen so time to upgrade…

scotroutes

I’d love the 4x optical but it’s way too much money for a mobile for me

Me too. I only persuaded myself into spending on the basic 6 as they’re talking about OS and security updates for longer. I think that might impact second hand values too.

swavis

Still on 11 on my Pixel 5. I like the look of the 6 but am in the same boat as Poopscoop and I still like my 5.
    I have to say the Pixel is by faaaaaar the best phone I’ve ever had. Absolutely faultless so far.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I pre-ordered the standard one.
    Went for the nice green colour. Reminds me of an old Nexus 5X I used to have.

Reviews of the headphones are good!

Caher

Moved from Moto G to pixel 4a and it’s so much better. All the phone I need. Still trying to get used to Android 12 UI.

andrewreay

No issues on my old Pixel 3.

Some big changes for me to get my simple head around though. E.g. I used the ‘up swipe’ to recall recent apps all the time on A11. That’s changed now in A12 so that you need a much longer / taller swipe to do the same.

Driving me mad and hadn’t realised how much I used that action.

But aside from my own inability to change with the times, the rest of the OS is working fine on what’s an old phone.

I’ve also ordered a 6 (Pro). My poor old 3 was in my pocket during a significant off and the glass on the back is shattered, with lumps falling off daily. I just hope it lasts til the end of next week.

Max trade in on the 3 (with no issues) was GBP50 from Google. Seemed a bit tight against a GBP849 phone, albeit with GBP300 headphones thrown in.

Anyway, A12 seems stable and worth experimenting with. But there was not much wrong (if anything) with A11.

Mackem

..been on the test version of Android 12 for last few nonths – not many issues. On the proper one now, so far so good. (currently Pixel 4)
    Ordered my Pixel 6 pro.
    Like many I’ll be selling the Bose headphones , with selling my mint condition Pixel 4 the new phone wont be costing me that much.

cleetonator

A12 here on a Pixel 3xl with no problems, upgraded on Tuesday evening. Also have a P6 pro on order like everyone else here. Its a shame you couldn’t get any of the colours with 256gb storage, so plain old black it is.
    As Andrewreay discovered, they offered me £60 for my mint condition P3xl, I’d rather trade it in at CEX for £101 cash/£125 voucher. I thought (hoped) there might be an incentive trade in scheme for existing pixel owners to entice us to the latest and greatest.

theomen

I’ve being using the beta version for about 4-5 months with no issues (to speak of) on my Pixel 3A XL. I upgraded it to the full release on Tuesday without issues.

I ordered the the Pixel 6 Pro, the first time in years I have bought a ‘top-end’ phone. Interestingly, it cost €899 in Ireland and I think the same phone is £849 (approx €1005) in the UK. Previously the price of phones used to be cheaper in the UK than Ireland. Of course it is cheaper in America at $899 (approx €772/£651).

orena45

Just upgraded on my 3a. Looks alright but just noticed that in the info bar at the top of the screen, I can see a slight shadow of the battery, phone signal and WiFi icons behind and to the right of the actual icons. More noticeable when the bar is light coloured.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: just took a screenshot of it and it doesn’t show on the screenshot image so looks like the icons are ‘burnt’ into the screen from before…didn’t even know that was even possible on modern screens!

…time for an upgrade 😆

susepic

That Pixel 6 – Bose deal looks attractive.
    Interested as i need a replacement cos my Galaxy Note 8 is stuck on Android 7, so starting not to function (and no luck trying to force a software upgrade)

Has anyone had any luck using a pixel with a 3rd party stylus?
    That is one of the favorite things about the Note.

TIA

pk13

It’s a good deal for sure that new pixel my 4 is looking a bit old but will hold off

mini
    Free Member

same here, delivery date is the 26th.

pk13

Ordered my wife wants the headphones and I can sell my 4 to magpie for 150 so that’s cheap as chips
    I don’t normally do new phones but this is my working all through covid treat lol

kimbers

I almost went for the 6 with headphones & trade in, but couldn’t click checkout

honestly my 3a is fine, just more pointless expenditure & environment raping consumerism

Flaperon

My Pixel 5 installed Android 12 a couple of days ago. I quite like it – feels the most “polished” that Android has ever been. Not a huge fan of the giant quick toggle buttons at the top.

Not sure the headphones are anything to call home about. They’re ultimately cheap headphones with a Bose label on them and I’d be very surprised if Google is paying more than fifty quid a go. Don’t even have AptX…

Poopscoop

I’m guessing it’s a feature rather than a bug but anyone else seeing the “elastic” stretching of say, Chrome, when you long swipe to the bottom or top of a page?

It shows up very well on stw. Not a problem but still makes my eyes think wtf occasionally!

stumpy01

Yep. The page momentarily stretches.

I’m finding it fine so far although definitely some bugs like I mentioned in my first post above.

Poopscoop

^^ Phew, it’s not just me then!

Looking it so far, even the huge pull down icons at the top. Easier for my bloody eyes to see on the hoof as it were.

scotroutes

I’m typing this on my Pixel 6. It’s going to take me a while to get used to the gestures – and the size.

stumpy01

scotroutes

I’m typing this on my Pixel 6. It’s going to take me a while to get used to the gestures – and the size.

Do you mean navigation gestures, like swipe up from bottom to go ‘home’ etc?
    I would stick with it, as it’s fine once you get the hang of it but it did take me a while to get my head round it.

You can turn it off though in Settings>System>Gestures>System Navigation & change it to 3-button navigation.

scotroutes

Yeah – I’ll stick with it. I’m sure that it’ll only take me a couple of days to forget the 3-button thing!

nixie

3 button feels so old now after years without if (could be disabled on my previous Motorola as well). Sadly I’m not eligible for the Bose headsets or I’d be tempted to upgrade.

alpineharry
    Free Member

‘I’m typing this on my Pixel 6. It’s going to take me a while to get used to the gestures – and the size.’

@scotroutes
    – Who did you order through? I pre-ordered through ID mobile (was best option and already with them) on the 19th but not had much of a peep yet. Currently saying availability on the 28th but I’m probably expecting delivery on Friday or early next week.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I bought mine from Google direct.
    Showed up yesterday.

As much as the transfer from old Pixel phone through a USB-C cable was easy enough, I’ve spent hours re-logging in to all my apps, what a pain!

Seems nice so far – got some good night time photos of the palace here. Should get a chance to play with it more today. Looking forward to trying the voice typing more which I think may be my favourite thing as I hate phone keyboards.

The magic eraser works very well too

when they were talking about tensor chips etc I just though “blah blah blah” but I kind of see where they were going with it now

scotroutes

Mine was also from Google.

The cable transfer didn’t work for me but it didn’t take long over WiFi. (Less than 20 mins).

Todays exercise might include a walk and testing the camera.

cat69uk
    Free Member

Working great on my old 3XL, like it. Upgrade to 6 would be nice though.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Interesting that you’ve received them already. Makes me wish that I had ordered direct but I’m not particularly in a rush. My S10 still seems to be doing okay, just a bit slow after 2 1/2 years so thought I’d treat myself to an upgrade.

Been in contact with ID this morning just to confirm they had my order (my bank thought the payment was fraudulent even though I’m already with them) and ID have said the order is currently as ‘picking’ but its out of their hands. They said they’re either waiting for stock or for DPD to pick it. Showing as in stock on their website.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Android 12 – anyone upgraded?’ is closed to new replies.