Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • And the 5 best real ale pubs around Hebden Bridge are??
  • ton

good boozers around Hebbers please.

brant
    Free Member

Vocation&Co isn’t a real ale pub but has great beer with 16 keg lines and four cask. It’s my favourite bar almost anywhere really.

Drink? on Market St is under new ownership and has two cask lines and four keg lines and lots of cans and bottles.

Oldgate has a good selection but I never go in any more as I go to the previous two as it’s full of kids and dogs.

Not been in the Fox and Goose or Stubbings for about 8 years?

Never been in The Railway, White Swan or Calan’s.

ton

cheers Brant.

woody2000

Shoulder of mutton in Mytholmroyd is a decent pint Tony, nice little stroll along the canal to get there from HB 🙂

ton

cheers Jase. going on a xmas dinner/piss up at robin hood at cragg. gonna have a pootle round prior for a shandy or two.

kelvin

If you venture out to Mytholmroyd, check out Barbary’s.

PMK2060

Drink? is a good place for a beer. My BIL owned it up until recently but as Brant says it is now under new ownership but i imagine the beer selection will not have changed much.

gallowayboy

If I have one, my usual evening out goes Drink (closes at 9pm) then Vocation, maybe the nightjar then home. They are all good places to hang out with good ales on cask and keg.
    Fox and Goose is fine but ales not as good. Calans is OK, but its so small you’ll be hard pushed to get a seat.

Chew
    Free Member

The Robin Hood is a proper boozer.

Vocation, Drink & Barbarys are great but potentially a bit Hipster if you’re wanting a quiet pint.

Dont overlook Halifax if you’re coming over on the train. If i’m about i’ll gladly show you the sights?

cheese@4p

The Old Gate is very good too, not as trendy as the micros but always has a great selection of ales and a busy but friendly atmosphere.

Alex

We were there a few weeks ago

– Vocation is good but not my favourite. We thought the same beer at the Old Gate was actually better. Really liked the Old Gate but that might have been as it was where we finished all the rides..

– NightJar is fab for whatever the IPA they had on there.

cheese@4p

I agree with Chew, HX is a good place to drink if you keep away from the rowdy bits. The Cross Keys at Siddal on the edge of town is my favourite pub anywhere.

ton

cheers gents.

will be riding over from sunny leeds.

woody2000

If you’re passing through Brighouse, call and have one in the market tavern Tony.  Great little boozer with very well kept beer 🙂

Only 17 minutes on the train to HB from there too if you decide to stay for more than 1 😉

Chew
    Free Member

Yeah, if you’re coming in along the canal, take the small detour to the Cross Keys. Always good beers and Hugh is a top bloke.
    Then its a steady drag up to the Big 6 near Pye Nest, then downhill to the Hogs Head in Sowerby Bridge, then i’d drop into Barbarys in Mytholmroyd which is at the bottom of Cragg Vale.

Completely out of the way, but for a proper boozer check out the Red Lion in Littleborough. Lots of character….

Chew
    Free Member

Oh and if you’re coming in along the canal also pop into the Colliers before you get to Elland Bridge.

woody2000

He’s not going to get to the Robin Hood at this rate! 🙂

ton

if pub in siddal opens at 11 on a sunday I can manage a pint at,
    cross keys, big 6, hogs head, Barbary and still be at robin hood for 1.30

slowoldman

Oldgate has a good selection but I never go in any more as I go to the previous two as it’s full of kids and dogs.

Bloody mountain bikers with their little shredders and trail hounds!

kcal

It’s a combined maths / biology question isn’t it.

If ton starts on the beer in Siddal at 1100, and has a pint at each of the next 5 canalside pubs, what are chances he’ll never make Cragg but instead topple into the canal?

mattyfez

I have ridden into the canal on the way back from Hebden Bridge before. Jaipur is stronger than it tastes. True story.

woody2000

Kcal – you clearly haven’t seen the size of Ton, 5 pints is not even going to fill his right boot 🙂

halifaxpete

Cross Keys is my local, nice pub dont go in often enough TBH. Colliers is bang on too, usual summer stop for a pint of Sam Smiths after playing in Elland woods, nice and cheap too 😀

brennak

Hi Tony when are you thinking of going I wouldn’t mind catching up with a pint or so in Hebden as I was only on orange during the Jennride watching you enviously downing a pint or two in the Church Inn Torver

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘And the 5 best real ale pubs around Hebden Bridge are??’ is closed to new replies.