Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 439 total)
  • An end to A&A / Friday Kylie please
  • Drac

There’s a system for reporting posts you think are breaking the rules, we look at these and if they’re distasteful or offensive then they will be removed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think that the “don’t open it if you don’t like it” argument is a non-starter. That’s never an excuse. If I started a “Friday Racist Joke Thread”, I couldn’t defend it against the inevitable complaints by saying “if you don’t like the jokes, don’t read them”.

By all means, use rational argument to justify posting pictures of sexy women. These I’d be interested to see.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Some women have also said not to edit my posts on the basis that I think they might be offended 😯

BermBandit
    Free Member

Cause and effect TJ. Views like yours are the cause and underground is the effect.

sobriety
    Free Member

See, i’m perfectly happy with the ‘if you don’t like it don’t open it approach’ it’s how I moderate myself from posting on pointless threads…oh…

kimbers

its al airbrushed bollox anyway

kylie with no makeup…..

binners

All hail. TJ has spoken

Its the self-righteous, sactimonious, holier-than-though, new-labourish, nannying, partonising, condescending, messiah-complex bull-****! that I find more offensive than A&A

If you’re so mortally offended why not **** off?

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

right we need to get together and and petition the ban of the following:

Stif from advertising on here as that term could be offensive
    wiggle for the same reason plus take search filter off and search those two 😯
    CRC they have pictures of women in tights and no tops 😯

whilst we are at it lets also ban the viewing of nude paintings at any gallery just in case we offend anyone

it is harmless fun and is not tantamount to wolf whistling or being offensive and where you come up with people being sexually oppressed is beyond me.

TJ you make me laugh normally with some of your posts and that is meant in the nicest way 🙂

Torminalis
    Free Member

I would rather have a few pictures of athletes than have to listen to your self important, priggish, sanctimonious rubbish. Get a life.

titusrider
    Free Member

Binners +1

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sexually repressed and childish. I find TJs attitude make me feel very unwelcome and self conscious on this forum.

fatmax

TJ – you seem a nice fella in a lot of your posts, but you can’t go calling people ‘insecure little boys’ for disagreeing with your opinion. you aren’t doing your argument any favours when you lower the tone of it.
    i hope at some stage to meet you on one of the TBC night rides, at which i’d like to prove to you that i’m a normal decent fella, albeit one that doesn’t agree with you on this.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

women folk

Really TJ, I expect better

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

fatmax – I am

kimbers

to be fair i never bother looking at the a&a threads as i find them quite dull
    the same reason i dont buy the sun or look at page 3

I just ignore the threads and pity those that get so excited about them, TJ i suggest you should do the same

if i want to look at ladies on the interweb i can find much more interesting images elsewhere or even if i speak nicely to my wife she might put on her sexy uhura outfit 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Here ya go.
    Women, and the mature and sexually liberated should be stampeding back to the forum now.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good point Darcy, I suppose I just don’t think A&A is sexist.
    If I was an obese lady I might I suppose, or more likely demoralising.

nonk
    Free Member

to be fair i never bother looking at the a&a threads as i find them quite dull

clearly.

wwaswas

airbrushed bollox

Now that’s a thread title to challenge ones self restraint in the ‘do I open it or not’ dept.

thepurist

Just throwing a note of sanity into the rantings. Wouldn’t it be nice if there could be some democratic way of deciding this, maybe some sort of poll, perhaps on the front page of the site to highlight it.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

When is everyone gonna realise the more attention you give this guy the less chance we have of him shutting the hell up. Ignore him and he will get bored and go away, he can only react if we do.

toys19
    Free Member

TJ I take it you haven’t seen this thread?

thread

You lot really are weak minded, he can say what he want’s. I don’t agree with him and think and evening of drinking with Teej would be sorely limted if he told you off every time you commented or looked at some totty, but that is no reason to pour bile and invective all over him. I am ashamed of you.

If democracy means anything then TJ is definitely wrong, most posters disagreeing with him here, and way more posts over on the a&a thread.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

whoa there yeti that may well be sizist if there is such a term 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

True, Kylie is getting a bit long in the tooth.

How about “Friday Rihanna” instead?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Democracy – another overrated concept – the oppression of the minority by the majority

Toys – I did see that thread – kept my powder dry. Or my whistle wet, or something

toys19
    Free Member

TBH I was being ironic, just think, the Sun sells more newspapers than any other in this country. If we had true democracy imagine the state we would be in.

Woody
    Free Member

TJ wrote

TSY – the point is that the A&A threads put women folk off the forum

I would question why TJ is soooo keen to have more women on the forum?

I would also submit (with as much proof as TJ has that womem are put off the forum by the A&A threads) that he is more guilty than anyone of putting people off the the forum, both male and female, by his constant bullying, belittling, patronising and self-righteous attitude when it comes to anyone who dares disagree with his opinion.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

lets all have a group hug and sing kumbaya 😀

fatmax

Friday Rihanna – now thats the best thing that anyone has said on this thread so far. Next Friday about 12?

backhander
    Free Member

did someone say Rihanna?

sv

CRC they have pictures of women in tights and no tops

Link please…

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I always thought it was a shame that the quaint ‘Friday Kylie’ tradition was taken over by the stupidly-named Friday ‘A and A’.

For that reason alone, I vote for A&A to be killed off.

Torminalis
    Free Member

he is more guilty than anyone of putting people off the the forum, both male and female, by his constant bullying, belittling, patronising and self-righteous attitude when it comes to anyone who dares disagree with his opinion.

+1

I got myself banned for a month just so I could have a holiday from his constant, ill informed whittering. TJ is by far the worst thing about this forum.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

for you sv

null

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Democracy – another overrated concept – the oppression of the minority by the majority

😯

fatmax

See, thats no more revealing than some female cycling kit!

titusrider
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

I’ll start A&A again next week, now I know it causes such angst.
    I’m not a Kylie fan, but I might do that one just for fun.

Cougar

To be honest, in terms of ‘forum atmosphere’, I think moany-arsed threads like this are far more destructive to the general well-being and welcoming-ness of the forum than a thread with a couple of pictures which could as well be rejected front covers for Daley Thomson’s Decatholon on the Spectrum.

Seriously, what’s this achieve other than generate bad blood? Either the A&A thread is acceptable or it isn’t (and I really couldn’t care less either way); if it’s acceptable, suck it up and move on, if it’s not acceptable then report it to the mods who will take appropriate action.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You mean we get to do it allover again next week? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 439 total)

The topic ‘An end to A&A / Friday Kylie please’ is closed to new replies.