• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike (cyclocross content)
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

Thought I’d put this up as haven’t seen any reviews or coverage of the new Focus cross bikes. This is the Mares AX2.

Absolutely brilliant bike. It’s my first non-mtb so feels like a rocket, but still burly enough to throw around. Taking it to Stanmer tomorrow for a proper off road ride, but whizzing around town and across fields today it felt awesome.

RealMan
    Free Member

Looks good, except bar tape possibly needs redoing. Going to race it?

rossrobot
    Free Member

Yes – there’s a local race next weekend so might throw myself into that. It’s at Stanmer so will see how I get on tomorrow.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice bike, and how is Hove Lagoon?

Best of luck for the race!

aP
    Free Member

There’s a race at Stanmer tomorrow. See you there.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Chef – the lagoon was windy but busy with bikes and people which is always nice.
    aP – bugger thought it was next week. Will be at stanmer early so will check out the course and see how confident I’m feeling.

aP
    Free Member

Rossrobot – we’ll be there, not sure if riding or not until I get there, if not I’ll be commissairing. I’ll be in a tcc jersey looking miserable at the back if riding.

rossrobot
    Free Member

aP – I saw the rain and ended up taking my hardtail for a few loops around Stanmer. Stopped on the way out and watched the racing for a while. Looks like brilliant (and gruelling) fun; definitely up for entering the next local event. Impressed by all of the partners/supporters that braved the rain to watch.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

It was a good event yesterday, the rain made it even better!

aP
    Free Member

Rain? Somewhat. Fortunately a combination of Paramo, Porelle, Rapha and Rohan kept most of it out.

Dave’s team certainly had it well organised, and having the children’s races adds a parental support and presence that seems missing from some other cycling events, and the oldest competitor was 73!

On a high note – I particularly enjoyed unblocking the gent’s showers afterwards as well.

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah don’t your making me weep.
    (can’t do smilies from this phone)

aP
    Free Member

You’d better be good next weekend at Green Park…

oldgit
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by good.
    Anyway you are riding arent you?

aP
    Free Member

Nope, commissairing again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike (cyclocross content)’ is closed to new replies.