Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • An airport luggage question…
  • PrinceJohn

My partner is flying home from Milan tomorrow into Gatwick, she then has a connecting domestic flight, the milan flight is easyjet & the connecting flight is flybe. Does she need to reclaim her luggage & then check it in again or does it go from plane to plane? (Not sure how they’d know where to take it..)

jam-bo

if it was all one airline they’d be able to check it through to the end destination.

but I’d say no, she’ll have to collect it and recheck it in.

legend
    Free Member

Yes she’ll have to pick it up

munrobiker
    Free Member

Easyjet don’t do connecting, so yes, she’ll need to collect her bags and check them in again.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Check to see if there is an Interlining agreement between the airlines – I suspect there isn’t in the case of the two you mention, but if there is then when she checks in she should be able to get a boarding pass issued for the connecting flight and the luggage transferred. If not she’ll have to collect the luggage and check back in again.

dovebiker

They should be able to confirm when she check’s in for the first flight, but as it’s internal European flights (no customs) then it usually would go through to the final destination.  It would be different if she was say flying from the US into the UK.

hot_fiat

If it’d been booked as 1 ticket or with one airline (or even a codeshare partner) then I’d say yes, but they’re two disparate entities so it’s pickup and re-check I’m afraid.

Its probably all academic anyway, she’s flying from Malpensa? Chances are the the luggage will go on an excursion to somewhere different like Ouagadugu first.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above if flying from anywhere in Italy your partner will never see their luggage again

globalti
    Free Member

Excellent!  I flew SAA from Manchester to Johannesburg once and my luggage didn’t turn up, along with several other passengers’ luggage. Turned out somebody unloaded the container when we stopped in Paris and it sat on the tarmac for a week before anybody bothered to sort it out.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Flying into US and getting a connecting flight to Salt Lake, different airlines, had skis sit in Chicago for a few days. Being international flight into Chicago had to claim bags though and then take them to a drop off for the next flight. Handed over, guy checked the tickets and bag labels and took them off. They didn’t go anywhere after that for a few days.

Although bags would still need to be claimed and re-checked with same airline, I’ve never had issues where it’s the same one and connecting international flight. Actually, I think with the same airline the label is checked through to destination so only has to go to the drop off, but separate airlines I had to go to the check in desk, get a new label and then hand it over.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reclaim and check in again, assuming it was booked through one of these booking sites that combines single tickets. Hope the first one isn’t late

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Easyjet will not check through anything, ever. No idea about flybe, but it doesn’t matter. Easyjet will deliver your bag to the carousel. No ifs or buts.

Easyjet don’t do connections, their flights are all standalone. If you book two easyjet flights and the first one is late, then so far as you are concerned you have turned up late for that second flight and it is your problem to solve. Been there, done that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘An airport luggage question…’ is closed to new replies.