Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • An AirPlay question
  • phil5556

I’m using AirPlay from Apple Music, works perfectly. But when I play a video on my phone it obviously starts playing the video Audio over AirPlay.

Is there a way to “lock” it to keep playing music and play the video audio through the phone?

I guess not but just wondering if there’s a setting somewhere I can’t find.

It’s the one thing I’m missing after the change from Spotify to Apple Music.

jam-bo

i haven’t found a way. its a pain when you have autoplaying videos in threads that suddenly takes over the audio. here particularly.

phil5556

Yeah it is mostly auto playing stuff that is the issue.

My solution at the moment is using an old phone as a player, which does work well tbh.

jam-bo

I guess the apple answer is buy a HomePod..

hot_fiat

homepod? yep. Unless you’re airplaying bbcsounds which works unbelievably badly, with playback often pausing for minutes on end while it does “stuff”.

phil5556

I guess the apple answer is buy a HomePod..

I’ve got an Apple TV so I can run the Music App on there and AirPlay to Sonos but that feels a bit pointless & needs the TV switched on.

The answer would really be for them to improve the Apple Music experience directly in the Sonos app, but I don’t think that will happen.

phil5556

Unless you’re airplaying bbcsounds which works unbelievably badly,

I don’t use it that often but find it works pretty well, I don’t recall any issue with it?

kelvin

Is there a way to “lock” it to keep playing music and play the video audio through the phone?

This is exactly how I find Airplay works for me on the laptop. You can choose per an app which output to use. I don’t know about on the phone… as I always use Bluetooth to connect to speakers from that.

jam-bo

I don’t think it is particular to airplay. It’s that a video in safari will hijack the audio output.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Only just discovered Airplay. Use it for streaming YouTube from iPhone to big telly. What else can it do?

hot_fiat

It can Simulcast music from your phone to all of our HomePods and the telly. It was great until the kids found out they could send baby shark to the one in the office, randomly.

@phil5556
    every single new program will run for two minutes and then act like it’s timing out for about 5 before playing correctly thereafter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.