Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Amsterdam alternative sight seeing ideas
  • cardo

Boys weekend to attend in June it’s a mates 55th.. Have been a few times over the years and not really up for sitting in coffee shops for the whole weekend mumbling to each other.. Yes there’s window shopping and trams /bikes and canals to avoid falling in, or in front of.. Any ideas would be great fully received or experiences to expand our horizons. TIA.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not exactly lads weekendy.

But it should be the law to go to the ann frank house.

olly2097
    Free Member

Bodyworlds exhibition is brilliant.

Vondel park is nice.

tall_martin

We hired a tandem- great for site seeing round the city

dirkpitt74

The Rijks museum, Amsterdam Historisch museum, Science museum, Heineken experience, Vondel park, Artis zoo, Ann Frank Haus, also worth doing a canal tour – evening ones are good.

Kamakazie

Hire bikes and ride out to Volendam / Edam?

Not huge amount o see but a nice route. They might have even opened the cheese museum by now?

PJay
    Free Member

But it should be the law to go to the ann frank house.

Best to book online in advance!

It’s a bit cliched but we did one of the city bus tours, which was great (included an excellent visit to a diamond importer).

globalti
    Free Member

Surprisingly, the Canal museum. A facscinating insight into how Amsterdam was built with an intriguing glimpse of the delights hidden behind those tall narrow buildings.

nostoc
    Free Member

Botanical gardens are worth a trip if you like that sort of thing.

jaminb
    Free Member

I only agreed to go last year for a mates birthday if i could cycle there and back. The rest of the non cycling group agreed to join me and enjoyed the two days cycle touring more than the obligatory coffee shop Saturday (without bikes).

RustySpanner

The WWII  Resistance Museum is very good.

plumber
    Free Member

https://www.amsterdam.info/museums/museumkaart/

best value card I’ve had

Loads of really beautiful but unexpected treats all around Amsterdam and beyond – skip the queue etc

numbnut
    Free Member

Try some truffles from a Headshop for alternative sights….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Amsterdam alternative sight seeing ideas’ is closed to new replies.