Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 321 total)
  • American journalist death
  • spchantler
    Free Member

Theres only one solution to this ,roll out the NUKES and absolutely SHOW THEM THE TRUE MEANING OF HOLOCAUST blanket bomb the shit out of the whole region till theres no-one left ,the nuclear winter is surely far more prefferable to islamic nutjacks and their brand of terrorism

there’s your nutjob right there

spchantler
    Free Member

some people want to have control, some don’t. those that do will use any means to get it. muslims on the whole are pretty devout, so if you want to whip up a load of muslims you use religion to do it. on the other hand, if most of the population couldn’t give a toss about religion, you use something else, like ‘defending our way of life, because we stand for freedom and fairness etc etc’
    either way certain people will profit, whether its from control of the oil or arms sales they don’t care.

So, just why is it that this one life is so worthy of such dedicated press coverage, if not for manipulation of not only the general populace, but also the press themselves, who will naturally want revenge…

best thing written on this thread yet

stoffel
    Free Member

What is concerning is the amount of British citizens who have travelled to fight with ISIS, it seems the Muslim majority is unable to deter them.

What concernes me far more, is the number of British citizens who willingly sign up to be part of the armed forces of the Uk, which has been instrumental in the barbaric and utterly unjustifiable lsaughter of thousands of innocent people in Iraq and Afganistan recently, in spite of overwhelming evidence that these wre totally unjust and indefensible examples of western military imperialism.

Somebody earlier made the point about footage from drone strikes etc being played on our media, with the end result being the sabme. Yet we watch such footage with the same detachment from reality, as if it were a video game. Innocent people being killed, yet it’s ok to show such senseless slaughter? I really don’t distinguish between such acts of barbarism, and horrific beheadings of those who strive to bring us information. It’s all **** wrong.

binners

Do you know anyone in the British armed forces? I do. Lots of my mates. Believe me, they certainly don’t sign up for the opportunity to ‘slaughter’ people. If you can’t distinguish between them, and some jihadist nutter, beheading someone, then quite frankly you’re an idiot! 🙄

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Yer but once I did meet “one of those soldiers”.

He probably isn’t your mate, he probably hasn’t been caught and is definitely a murderer.

But he had a wide and kids and coached football and had a HfH wristband.

Tar, brush, across the board.

This is awful; You know what kills more people than people?
    Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Dysentery. Fix that.

Edit: Had one conversation too many about this shit today.

binners

Are we having some kind of competition to see who can post the most moronic, rambling, mindless nonsense on this thread? If so, it’s a tough call. Some prime candidates!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Are we having some kind of competition to see who can post the most moronic, rambling, mindless nonsense on this thread? If so, it’s a tough call. Some prime candidates

*splutter of beverage*

That’s what this is.

catschroedinger
    Free Member

there’s your nuthob right there

Pretty sure last time a nuclear weapon was dropped it stopped another load of suicidals from continuing the course they had chosen, if your fighting extremeists use extreme measures ,pretty sure they would love to hear how you whip up extremism through religion . Maybe before they cut off your infidel head ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

by doing the wrong thing. its not their fault however, they serve their countries and follow the orders they are given by their superiors. in recent events their superiors have got it wrong and the military personnel have paid the ultimate price.

After 9/11 though, going shooty shooty bang bang in Afghanistan with Britains best trained loons was entirely justified. It’s only the Iraq war that wasn’t.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A heads up guys, viewing or sharing such videos is a crime.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/20/police-warn-james-foley-video-crime-social-media

I don’t know whether that means viewing the medias censored versions of the video, or Nato/Israeli gunsight footage is a crime then? 😈

wilburt
    Free Member

Anyway does anyone know about the fella who did this? Dave Smith or something born within the sound of the Bow bells. What’s it take to make a guy like that cut of someone’s head and share it on youtube?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Probably the same that it takes for private security contractors to pop of and kill for money.

Greed and false hope.

yunki
    Free Member

Do you know anyone in the British armed forces? I do. Lots of my mates. Believe me, they certainly don’t sign up for the opportunity to ‘slaughter’ people. If you can’t distinguish between them, and some jihadist nutter, beheading someone, then quite frankly you’re an idiot!

are you on **** crack mate!?

stoffel
    Free Member

Do you know anyone in the British armed forces? I do. Lots of my mates. Believe me, they certainly don’t sign up for the opportunity to ‘slaughter’ people. If you can’t distinguish between them, and some jihadist nutter, beheading someone, then quite frankly you’re an idiot!

(I could make a counter coment about a persn really not understanding somtheing I actually wrote, and instead chosing to froth and splutter in a confused, knee-jerking reaction, but hey…)

So, if I can’t distinguish between someone signng up to fight ‘for Queen and country’, armed with seriously nasty wepaory that blows childrent o bits, when all the info out thereis that it’s a major **** up which is entirely unjustifiable and wrong, and ‘jihadist nutter behading someone’, I’m an ‘idiot’?

Ok then. I think I can live wih you not sharing my views, as I’m not in fact an ‘idiot’ as oyu beleive, but someone capable and entitled to have theri own opinions on a subject.

Do you know anyone in the British armed forces?

Yes; a couple of family members amongst them in fact. Your point?

I suspect the ‘jihadist nutters’ probably think the British armed service personell are imperialist infidel scum, and that it is in fact they themselves who are the ‘righteous’. That’s how war works, you see. Hate vs Hate. This isn’t some glorious righteous crusade against the evil dark hordes, this is war. And both sides are **** wrong.

stoffel
    Free Member

Are we having some kind of competition to see who can post the most moronic, rambling, mindless nonsense on this thread? If so, it’s a tough call. Some prime candidates!

Well, you appear to be a worthy contender. 😉

athgray
    Free Member

Pretty sure last time a nuclear weapon was dropped it stopped another load of suicidals from continuing the course they had chosen,

The World is much smaleer these days. People more able to move across the globe. I don’t think people from the West of Middle Eastern descent would be best pleased if nuclear weapons were used on friends and family back in the motherland.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Again, I kind of sympathize with your point stoffel. However, the last time I checked the ROE of British soldiers didn’t include beheading journos.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What’s it take to make a guy like that cut of someone’s head and share it on youtube?

Public beheading is a traditional Sunni form of execution. Our friends the Saudis do it, as did our other friends the Afghan mujaheddin. I guess putting it on youtube is what made Foley’s execution “public”.

Our friends and close allies the Saudis (who back ISIS) about to carry out a public beheading :

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Saudis beheaded 4 guys yesterday for smuggling weed…

I could explain how the arms trade has links to international paedophile rings involving MPs, but you probably wouldn’t believe me…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The World is much smaleer these days. People more able to move across the globe. I don’t think people from the West of Middle Eastern descent would be best pleased if nuclear weapons were used on friends and family back in the motherland.

You know what Europeans are like though, we have a long and illustrious history of genocide and death camps for people we consider to be a bit trouble makerish.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Public beheading is a traditional Sunni form of execution. Our friends the Saudis do it, as did our other friends the Afghan mujaheddin. I guess putting it on youtube is what made Foley’s execution “public”.

Our friends and close allies the Saudis (who back ISIS) about to carry out a public beheading :

Bit of a difference between a slice to the back of the head using a sword and hacking at someones throat. One takes about 3 seconds until total brain death, the other one includes a lot more suffering and IMO is more personal for the killer.

It still doesn’t make it right, but cynically undermining someones horror to a beheading by using the Saudis as an example is somewhat dishonest.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I could explain how the arms trade has links to international paedophile rings involving MPs

What’s that got to do with James Foley’s execution ?

but you probably wouldn’t believe me…

Are you seriously suggesting that you only post stuff which you expect people to believe ?

stoffel
    Free Member

However, the last time I checked the ROE of British soldiers didn’t include beheading journos.

Does it include murdering an unarmed, wounded POW?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Does it include murdering an unarmed, wounded POW?

Nope. Those would be the actions of an insubordinate individual.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bit of a difference between a slice to the back of the head using a sword and hacking at someones throat. One takes about 3 seconds until total brain death, the other one includes a lot more suffering and IMO is more personal for the killer.

Yes the Saudis prefer to use a sharper instrument.

Edited for your edit :

It still doesn’t make it right, but cynically undermining someones horror to a beheading by using the Saudis as an example is somewhat dishonest.

What the hell are you talking about “cynically undermining someones horror” ?

I pointed out that public beheading is a traditional Sunni form of execution. I also pointed out that people we consider “our friends and allies” carry out public beheadings. You pointed out that they use sharper instruments.

Where am I “cynically undermining someones horror” ffs ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What’s that got to do with James Foley’s execution ?

Well, if you think about it, if it wasn’t for the extremely profitable arms trade, there wouldn’t have been the prior wars that led to the current state of affairs, so James Foley wouldn’t have been reporting on the situation and the bloke who chopped his head off would probably be living a relaxed and worthwhile life, rather than being motivated to do bad things…

It’s like the butterfly effect, but with $Billions, guns, missiles and oil, peppered with a bit of child trafficking as bait to feed perversions for blackmail.

Making history can be a very dirty business for the fat cats…

stoffel
    Free Member

Nope. Those would be the actions of an insubordinate individual.

What about all the other deaths of innocent peope in Iraq and Afganistan, at the hands of British troops?

Or is that just ‘collateral damage’?

See how easy it i to ‘justify’ the actions of those whom you may beleive to be on the side of ‘right’?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

We had no choice other than to enter Afghanistan, but if you want to play whatabouterry – what about all those people who would have died under the continued rule of Saddam Hussein.

Can you prove we killed more civilians than he would have done?

At the same time you’re also justifying these actions by using UK/US actions as an excuse, which again, I find dishonest. I’m a pretty cynical individual but I’m not cynical enough to place British soldiers and Western secularism on the same level as rampant religious fundamentalism and 100% undiluted terrorism.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yunki – yes I have seen the video you are in about. Also watched this terrible video…. Pretty much seen all the videos mentioned on here too. Horrible beyond belief but I guess in a weird way I have become desensitised to the violence and horror portrayed. Thing is I reckon we are actually in a better place than we ever have been however media exposure is greater than its ever been too. Therefore we as westerners are getting exposed to more and more go pro format footage of war and the total crap that goes along with it. There is a shit storm coming….. Just hope we don’t ride the wave.

stoffel
    Free Member

We had no choice other than to enter Afghanistan

‘No choice’. Really??!? 😯

but if you want to play whatabouterry

Bengal Famine. Dresden. Boer War. Oh, and ‘we’ (allegedly) gassed Kurds long before Saddam did.

At the same time you’re also justifying these actions by using UK/US actions as an excuse

Bollocks. I’m not justifying anything. That’s something you’ve mae up.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yunki – yes I have seen the video you are in about. Also watched this terrible video…. Pretty much seen all the videos mentioned on here too. Horrible beyond belief but I guess in a weird way I have become desensitised to the violence and horror portrayed. Thing is I reckon we are actually in a better place than we ever have been however media exposure is greater than its ever been too. Therefore we as westerners are getting exposed to more and more go pro format footage of war and the total crap that goes along with it. There is a shit storm coming….. Just hope we don’t ride the wave.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

‘No choice’. Really??!?

Politically, no. Do you not remember the atmosphere after the attacks? Even the usually pacifistic Germans got involved. And like it or not it crippled AQ.

Bengal Famine. Dresden. Boer War. Oh, and ‘we’ (allegedly) gassed Kurds long before Saddam did.

I’m not arguing that, that’s in the past. I’m arguing whether here in the now, British soldiers are less morally bankrupt than our British ISIS volunteer. And if you really think that politically/ideologically we are as bad as ISIS then you really are beyond deluded.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but I guess in a weird way I have become desensitised to the violence and horror portrayed.

It’s pretty obvious that you have if you are actively seeking out these videos – there’s nothing weird about that, the only thing that’s weird imo is what you choose to watch.

badllama
    Free Member

As the locals have done one as soon as they hear ISIS are on the way why don’t we just sit on a hill several hundred miles away and nuke them. Then watch the fireworks.

Surround the area with tape saying please return for the oil in 2114.

Job done! People really do over think these things.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

*sigh* and nuke children, great.

badllama
    Free Member

Try re-reading again locals have done one 🙄

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Do you mean locals such as kurds or locals such as Sunnis who don’t run?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Don’t forget the greasy men in suits who profit from the weapons and their sweaty antics with children…

ISIS are just thorns on a bush; a bush that keeps growing back unless you get to the roots of the problem

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

😯

rene59
    Free Member

a bush that keeps growing back unless you get to the roots of the problem

Electrolysis will stop that bush growing back.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘American journalist death’ is closed to new replies.