• This topic has 208 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Ambulance
  • Drac

Exactly Awe

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In fairness to the woman I think that giving birth would be the only thing on her agenda at that time,

The consent for the show is an ongoing process, the patients (and any other contributors) can and do withdraw their consent right upto broadcast. Which causes all sorts of problems as production have to proactively maintain that consent, not just hope they forget that they signed a form which is a real issue in shows like this where patients may be homeless and impossible to locate, or die before broadcast and the relative dealing with it has no idea what went on. An even bigger problem when like this series it was filmed almost a year ago (we’ve already filmed two more series since this one was done).

Prticularly with bad trauma incidents where the patient was unconscious, gdpr makes trying to track them down afterwards is almost impossible as the hospital can’t even confirm the patient existed in order to pass on a message. In those cases they basically leave letters in every bag and pocket in the hope that either the patient or a relative gets in touch.

Drac

Well that was an outstanding episode very difficult for me to watch at times as Ellie’s story was way too familiar.

db

Loving every episode. My son is a student paramedic in WMAS and I’m constantly in awe of how he handles situations that are totally alien for me.

I worry sometimes the damage he might be suffering/storing up for future. My family is a mix of nurses, midwives, police officers and I hope there is enough support and understanding for him (and some dark humour) but was interesting to see Ellie’s story.

Really hard for call handlers as well, easy to forget the challenges they face daily.

Happy to pay my licence fee for TV like this.

dashed
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon

The consent for the show is an ongoing process, the patients (and any other contributors) can and do withdraw their consent right upto broadcast.

We were just wondering last night if this had something to do with the last series being based in Manchester and then suddenly jumping to West Midlands halfway through – I seem to recall the Episode numbering on iPlayer reset as well as we thought we’d missed half a series??
    This new series seems to jump straight back in to the remainder the Manchester episodes from last year’s hot summer. I thought they traditionally did a series per city?

tthew

Not watched this before this series, I’m going to have to have to catch some up. The staff are incredible compassionate human beings, but they’re not great actors are they? The two vikings joshing about posh coffee – more ham than I just had on my butties.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

We were just wondering last night if this had something to do with the last series being based in Manchester and then suddenly jumping to West Midlands halfway through – I seem to recall the Episode numbering on iPlayer reset as well as we thought we’d missed half a series??
    This new series seems to jump straight back in to the remainder the Manchester episodes from last year’s hot summer. I thought they traditionally did a series per city?

No, that was down to the snooker being mid way through the run IIRC.

S1 was london, S2 was West Mids in the Summer, S3 was the winter (and the car crash), S4 was Manchester last summer so this is still S4 in terms of the filming. The last few episodes were extra from S3. S5 will be back in the North West but in Manchester and Liverpool too so may well be aired as two mini-series.

We film over about three months, two days and two nights a week so there’s a lot that never makes it to a program and equally if the material is there then there are more episodes to be made than the BBC commissioned. So we film for 12 weeks, and a good episode would be over one shift or one block of two, a week at most. They film over such a long period to guarantee enough blocks with consistent narrative storylines, which is part of what makes it such good TV. Other shows do it quicker and much more 1 shift = 1 episode.

The two vikings joshing about posh coffee – more ham than I just had on my butties.

It’s all real, but is produced. So they’ll be prompted to discuss topics between jobs (as opposed to other programs where they do interviews in a studio later), chat to control rather than relying on the computer etc.

They also had to do it without swearing!

Drac

chat to control rather than relying on the computer etc.

Eh? Crews chat regular to control they help look after each other and have a great rapport.

They also had to do it without swearing!

Yeah I’d be ****.

I worry sometimes the damage he might be suffering/storing up for future.

Ask him how he’s doing don’t ask much about cases individual unless he wants to share, watch for changes in behaviour. If you see any or he admits to be struggling, just talk to him about anything him outside and just do what he likes to do.

Newer staff are much better at being open they tend not to hide it and let build up, not like older gits like me who did that to my brain melted.

Drac

Well I’ve put last night’s on and lasted less than 5 minutes before I switched it off. Too difficult for me that one. 😢

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Ambulance’ is closed to new replies.