Home Forums Chat Forum Amazon delivery times

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Amazon delivery times
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It’s not a site I use much but I don’t think I’ll be using them again. Admittedly they’re cheap but I find it unacceptable to have to wait 7 days for an item I’ve paid first class delivery for. Has anyone else had problems with them and is anyone else fed up with these big companies taking your money

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I’m usually very happy with amazon delivery times, they do seem to have slowed down a bit recently – assume it’s just down to Christmas business!

Remember, if they dispatch is quick enough…then it’s not always their fault if delivery is delayed…comes down to the couriers!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Time of year innit delays from where ever your getting parcels from.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Shouldn’t your rant be directed at the Post Office or whichever agent is responsible for delivery?
    But yes you’re right. Pay little and accept shoddy service, pay more from a shop and get what you want in your hand, urban regenration, a move towards higher levels of employment, higher tax revenues, beatter education and health care, improved transport infrastructures and improved BBC TV programmes.
    Shame on you for buying from Amazon in the first place. 👿

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It is their fault if they’re using an unreliable delivery service. Delivery companies should employ more staff at this time of year instead of just taking our money and not honoring delivery times. I wouldn’t tell customers at my work that it’s just a busy time of year, we get more people in to deal with demand. It’s everything that’s wrong with this country. As soon as they get your money they don’t care.

poly
    Free Member

It’s everything that’s wrong with this country. As soon as they get your money they don’t care.

Pretty much your post is ‘everything that’s wrong with this country”:

– expectations of instant gratification
    – everyone looking for the cheapest possible price and then complaining about big companies
    – unhappy people complaining on the web, rather than direct to the vendor or proving their point by setting up in competition

Personally never had an issue with them if it was coming direct from Amazon. 7 days delivery usualy means coming from Amazon marketplace, not amazon themselves.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Yea I see your point but I live in a very remote area so often have to resort to online shopping. Not everyone can just pop down the shops to get things. If I drove many miles to the city it would cost a huge amount of money and wouldn’t be great for the environment. OK It’s not everything that’s wrong with the country but maybe I just felt like a rant. I use local shops when I can over supermarkets and such like because I like to support local businesses and they’re more helpful but some things I can’t get locally. By the way I have contacted them and not heard anything and no I’m not going to set up a shop I just want my goods.

butcher

I’ve noticed they’ve slowed down a lot over the past year or so. Super Saver delivery items used to nearly always arrive within 48 hours. Now they take 3 or 4 days just to be dispatched.

So on that basis I pay for the delivery if I want it quick, and they’ve done OK when I have. Not a bad service by any means, but not nearly as good as they used to be….in my own experience.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just turn off the auto-upgrade in your account settings.

Also, did the item come from Amazon, or a reseller?

CountZero

I ordered a copy of Neil Gaiman’s ‘Stardust’, Gift Edition, on Friday, as a Christmas pressy, from Book Depository, via Amazon, estimated delivery Wednesday.
    It arrived today.
    On Sunday I ordered a copy of ‘The Surrealist Cookbook’, also as a pressy, also from Book Depository, via Amazon. Notified today that it has been dispatched. I’ll let you know when it arrives. Just checked, estimated delivery, 13-27th.

Flaperon

I’ve long suspected that if you choose the free super saver delivery, Amazon just put a hold on your order for three days to encourage you to pay for faster postage.

Haven’t bought anything from the tax-dodgers for nearly six months, mind.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Also, did the item come from Amazon, or a reseller?

Amazon. Maybe they’re sending it from the Amazon! :p

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Amazon delivery times’ is closed to new replies.