• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Amazon – Customer Service
  • scotroutes

I ordered a new mobile phone earlier this week. It arrived next day and I spent a day or so updating it, setting it up etc before transferring my SIM over. Then I tried to play some music and it sounds like the speaker is knackered. Went online and filled out the Returns process and re-boxed it all. I was planning to get to the PO today, thinking it’ll arrive with them maybe Monday, they’ll take a day or so to process it and then they’d hopefully just send me a replacement. Maybe without my new phone for a week or so (I still have my old one).

Got an email from them today saying they’d just send a new one out and that I’ve to return the broken one within 30 days.

And now I check online and it says to expect it tomorrow.

Rant over 🙂

maccruiskeen

First dibs on the free phone 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah they’re very good, it’s just a shame they’re not as good to HMRC.

DrJ

Yep – my experience too. My (Bodum) coffee grinder packed in about 9 months after I bought it. I contacted them via online chat and they immediately refunded my purchase price and sent me a pre-paid label to return the broken kit.

I feel I ought to hate them for destroying the high street, but it’s hard with service like that.

xora

Yeah they’re very good, it’s just a shame they’re not as good to HMRC.

Governments write the rules, Amazon obeys them, moan at your MP!

Caher

I had three late deliveries in a row, and they gave me a years prime.

scaredypants

I had free* use of a laptop 9 months, after which it refused to boot

20 minutes on the phone with a support person; rescue attempts failed and so I was immediately refunded, since they didn’t have replacement stock.  Suited me – I didn’t really need it and had regretted buying at least a little bit, though it was cheap

* presumably they harvested all my passwords’n’shit from the crashed SSD and sold them on to Putin or somebody

maccruiskeen

Yeah they’re very good,

They’re good if all you want is a refund/replacement.

If, for instance, you report dangerous or counterfeit goods or a top-ranking seller that is repeatedly ripping defrauding their customers. They just give you your money back and don’t comment or investigate or take any action.

Kuco

I’ve found Amazon to be excellent at customer service just a shame the delivery side is getting poor ime.

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve found Amazon to be excellent at customer service just a shame the delivery side is getting poor ime.

This. We’re out in ‘the country’ (in reality about 8 miles outside a large town). Recently our Prime delivery has changed whereby there’s now no weekend deliveries and anything ordered after Thursday @ 11am doesn’t get here before Monday. Used to be that I could order stuff on a Saturday and it’d arrive Sunday (handy if I invariably run out screws or something whilst working on the garden shed rennovation). Clearly something’s changed in terms of coverage / company etc.

The couriers they use in our area are also a bit sh*t. I appreciate that it’s doubtless a thankless task – and I’m sure that the delivery chap doesn’t want to still be knocking on doors to drop off parcels at 9:30pm, any more than I want to have someone banging on the door and waking the kids at that time. Things go missing, arrive damaged or arrive late.  Customer services usually sort things asap – typically with the ‘reward’ of a free month’s Prime membership etc, but I’d rather stuff just turned up as and when it should, without a foot being put through the box.

But on balance it’s still (just) worth it.

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve had great experiences with Amazon for customer service.

I’ve had a few small items go faulty, all refunded no questions asked. I had a large appliance break. They sorted a collection and refunded it the instant the courier picked it up. Couldn’t be easier.

Currently rueing buying a laptop off of John Lewis. It was the same price as Amazon but chose JL as they’re meant to have good service. It’s developed a hardware fault in 6 months and they’re not interested. Basically unless you live close to a store their backup and warranty is worthless to online customers.

frogstomp

Echoing those comments above, lots of (mainly delivery) issues but the issues usually get resolved quickly.

I think that reflects their business model – it’s cheaper to write off problems than to provide a lasting solution, as long as people keep buying.

shinton
    Free Member

Great delivery and refunds, but still a little piece of me dies inside when I hit the 1 Click button.

jeffl

Yeah had the same with a mobile I bought a couple of years ago. Arrived with a dead pixel, they sent out a new one and I had 30 days to send the old one back. Sorted.

scotroutes

10:25 on a Saturday morning and I have a replacement phone. And this is the Scottish Highlands where many folk tell me it takes longer, is more expensive or is just excluded from their delivery.

gobuchul
    Free Member

chose JL as they’re meant to have good service. It’s developed a hardware fault in 6 months and they’re not interested. Basically unless you live close to a store their backup and warranty is worthless to online customers.

This^.

Over the years I have always had excellent customer service in store from JL.

Recently bought an expensive range cooker on line, the customer service from their call centre is absolutely hopeless. Conflicting information given on different calls, clueless staff. Very disappointing.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’ve returned to Amazon Prime as of today. Never had a problem with them but ma<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>de a decision, last year, to use them as little as possible, use the high street and shop local. The experience has been really poor with appalling customer service and second rate goods.</span>

Currys PC World today was the straw that broke the camels back. Uninterested staff and a rude manager.

The one on Leeds Road, Huddersfield, to be precise. The company will never see another penny of mine.

Kuco

My last experience with John Lewis wasn’t good. After a few emails and a couple of calls they finally admitted their error. Got £30 in vouchers as an apology but I would  rather have had the parcel and no hassle.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Amazon – Customer Service’ is closed to new replies.