Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Am I on the right track, here? (29er tyre thread – sorry, sorry, sorry)
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Just gone 29er (C’dale SL1) but finding that the tyres – WTB NINELINE, 29X2.0″ – aren’t that fond of mud/wet roots/wet rocks. Sooo, considering Spesh Purgatory (front), Ground Control(rear).Am I on the right track, here? 😐

boxelder

Yes, or even Purg F+R – they’re quite fast rolling.
    I’m running GC on the rear at the moment.
    Go for Control not S works

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Bump. Day shift?

parkesie
    Free Member

Wtb nine line cyclocross tyres disguised as mtb tyre. Ive swapped to bonty xr3 but then i rekon anything would be better in the wet.

toons
    Free Member
    PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

As above. Got Purg on front and Ground Control on rear (although it is S-Works to get 2Bliss).

Good so far and grips surprisingly well. Will probably swap for a Butcher on front and Purg on rear at some point for winter traction.

darkcyan
    Free Member

Just moved to a purgatory 2.3 control and am loving it. This things just hangs on in there.

I ride Stanmer in Brighton, damp, slippy, rooty – Purgatory takes it all in it’s stride.

£30.00 new – what’s not to like.

DC

nodrog2
    Free Member

Been running Purgatory F & R for a while on a rigid 29er, surprisingly capable all rounders. Not a mud tyre but they cope with it. Grip pretty well everywhere else. Thinking of a Butcher up front (probably overkill) and a Storm out back for winter traction. All of the Specialized 29er tyres are pretty sorted and well priced. As above get the Control option not the S-works. S-works sidewalls are made of paper. There is also a Grid option on some tyres, tougher sidewalls than both S-works and Control.

skindog
    Free Member

I just bought an awesome Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5″ Tubeless ready tyre and ran it for half a day around a muddy Glentress. It stuck to everything like glue and i was totally inspired with confidnece.

the downside is that the 29″ wheels flexed so much that it was rubbing 80% of the time against the fork bridge RS (XC32s).

If anyone has nice stiff wheels then this would be the perfect winter/mud tyre.

Happy to consider any offers to offset the £50 I spent on it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Am I on the right track, here? (29er tyre thread – sorry, sorry, sorry)’ is closed to new replies.