Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • MTB shoes for flats for Mrs Sheck – what and where from?
  • sheck

She doesn’t want “clumpy” 5/10s, but does want something MTB specific

Any pointers welcome – particularly if they include retailers who might stock some in a size 4!

ton

mrs ton is in the market for something the same.
    whilst away on the bike the other week, a young lady who was touring the country was wearing some hagloffs approach shoes.
    she said they were fantastic for riding with flat pedals, and she was 8 month into a 2 yr tour of the uk.

going to try and source some for the wife at the weekend.

mikey74
    Free Member

How about some Shimano AM41s? I’m thinking about getting some to replace my worn out Karvers.

dickie
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Teva Links?
    I have a pair for mooching round in and they are comfy, the flat riding heathens I know seem to think they are fine and dry a lot faster.

andermt
    Free Member

Vans Gravel.

andyrm
    Free Member

Teva links or alternatively the new 5:10 Freerider – much sleeker so less of the “golf club” look…….

sheck

I had been looking for some teva links, but couldn’t find any online in small sizes

Dickie, your link doesn’t work

I had also considered sme of the five ten approach shoes (for a sleeker look) if you find the Haglofs ones Ton could you post a link?

gren
    Free Member

My missus rides with Teva Links on – loves em. Very similar to my Vans Gravels – neither are that big and clumpy

FOG

Been disappointed in my Teva Links. I bought them because I had a pair of Teva normal trainers that were very comfy but the Links while being just as comfy aren’t very grippy. I tend to wear the rather ratty Sombrios which they were bought to replace.

dickie
    Free Member

Ladies Specialized Taho BG MTB Shoes, size 6 UK, 39 EU
    Excellent Condition.
    £30 posted.

Sorry can’t get the link to work – if interested look back in my history for pictures.

corsair
    Free Member

That link is missing a colon after the “http”.
    Here it is after a colon-oscopy…

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

These?:
    Women’s Tennies
    Much less clumpy that the biking 5.10s and lighter, but the tongue isn’t sown in so they are quite leaky in the wet. Not too much padding though, so they dry quite quickly. Same sticky dotty soles though.

ton

sheck, just to let you know, the hagloffs are a very narrow fitting.
    so the wife went for these.
    just been for a spin in them and she says they feel very comfy and grippy.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

http://www.rockrun.com/five-ten-warhawk/

they have a few style available.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘MTB shoes for flats for Mrs Sheck – what and where from?’ is closed to new replies.