Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Altura Attack jacket.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

50% off at cyclestore.co.uk
    Anyone had one and got opinions on it?

jasonm945
    Free Member

They’re good for very cold wet days, lots of ventilation but fairly stiff. Well fitted, I like mine…

Jay

Northwind

I’ve got the old Extreme, it’s been fantastic- tough, properly waterproof, nicely cut (it takes elbow pads too which is nice). Very breathable, but also very hot, as you’d expect from such a substantial jacket, it’s a proper bad-weather coat and IMO too hot for anything else (but then, so is anything else this solid)

Stoner
    Free Member

love mine, and it’s taken a beating.

Zip needs lub’ing to keep it sweet. And on my version the rear pocket wasnt big enough for an Ordnance Survey map so I had to adapt it.

Excellent waterproofing though – Ive not worn anything better.

WHen this one finally dies (5yrs old now, at least) I will seriously think about replacing with a similar Altura one.

I only ever wear a merino base layer and then if it’s raingin I wear my Altura on top. Thats all.

Garry_Lager

As above, good design, good waterproofing, but I’ve found it’s really not needed for 99% of the 2-3 hr MTB rides I tend to do in the UK.

Would only come out for a serious brass monkey weather, or if I’m doing something much longer out on the hills.

Owned a few jackets around that £100 price range and it’s the best I’ve tried.

iainc

I have one of the orange and black ones. As above, its for serious bad weather riding only. Mine comes out 2 or 3 times per winter – on the days when its too wet for a Stealth. Love it though.

hot_fiat

Have had one (and the matching trousers) for about 4 years now. Utterly bombproof. It’s a bit hot for light showers but excellent for downpours and winter night rides. Plenty of room in the arms for pads and not seen any camelback abrasion yet. Really impressed with the react fabric. It looks and feels exactly like schoeller c-change.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Had mine three years and the membrane is starting to bobble off and I have treated it and washed it properly. As per the others great fit (full body armour under it in the Alps) and one of the best breathable jackets I have had but only because of the pit zips!! Its so warm its only ever worn in real foul weather. Unfortunately I didnt realise that my Osprey pack waterproof cover plastic cord cinch was rubbing about three months into ownership so a large section of membrane at the base of my back/pack area had been worn away.
    I am currently tempting myself with a ventile top as a replacement……

hot_fiat

Suggsey: have you worn a wet ventile jacket? They work really well, but get very stiff and uncomfortable, a bit like they’ve been painted with roadrunner-style Acme glue. My howies pilot jacket can be stood up on the floor like a headless bust of me following a downpour.

gusamc
    Free Member

Cheers – thought about one last winter, seems like to good a deal to miss, now sorted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Altura Attack jacket.’ is closed to new replies.