Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tubeless tyre choice?
  • theoc
    Free Member

Wondering which tubeless tyres to use? I’ve got easton havoc tubeless ready rims and I’ll be mostly riding the lakes and the odd gravity enduro. So was looking for an all rounder for these. Was thinking hans damf’s?

danielgroves
    Free Member

I use Continental Barons 2.3 Black Chilli’s

zelak999
    Free Member

Maxxis High Roller 2 Tubeless Ready 2.3 EXO for me.

Northwind

If Specialized have a tyre for the job, it’s generally a good option- their range is still a little patchy though. Butcher Control is bloomin superb as an enduro tyre, does it all, light but tough but big but grippy but not as slow as it ought to be.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice tyres jodon 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Maxxis Minion DHF 3c EXO front, DHF 60a rear (soon to be DHR2 EXO).
    I went EXO after blowing the front off on an uplift day. It seems to have a slightly thicker sidewall with some protection and haven’t had a problem. Quite light for a 2.5″ tyre too.

DezB
    Free Member

someone removed jodon’s post 🙁

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got Bonty XR4 TI (not the TLR version), mounted on dT5.1s with the Eclipse tubelesskit rim tape.
    I like the tyres, and they seem to work tubeless just fine.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Dampf front, Nic rear for me – covers most bases.

DezB
    Free Member

Well Hutchinson USTs every time for me. Toros are the nearest I’ve found to an all-year-round tyre. ‘spensive though, if you pay rrp.

chrismac

High roller front and cross marks on the back for most of the time. Alpine duties the back gets swapped to another high roller.

theoc
    Free Member

I run minions at the mo so wouldn’t mind running them again… Do they drag? What size rear do people use? I use a 2.35

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre choice?’ is closed to new replies.