Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Alternatives to Brand X ascend? Anyone help?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Looking for a stealth 120 to 150mm dropper in 31.6 flavour. Should i look beyond a brand x ascend? Currently got a 30.9 ascend external dropper which is ace!!
    Similar budget to a brand x so no stupid £200 plus posts thanks – functional not flash!

qtip

Should i look beyond a brand x ascend?

Nope!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can’t think of any off-hand that aren’t just the same thing with a different brand on it.

How much is the OneUp?

iamanobody
    Free Member

too much

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sounds like you know what to do then 😉

The only slightly bad thing about them is the remote, I’ve just bought a WolfTooth, at £70 for a remote it’s a bit flash, but it’s also absolutely lovely.

Simon

I don’t mind the current Brand X 1x remote,b ut the Ztto lever is better and very similar to the Wolftooth but only £14 off eBay.

iamanobody
    Free Member

i have both brand x remotes already as have an external ascend

Mugboo

One Up V1 is around £130 at the moment. Pair it with ZTTO if you need a lever.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a wolf tooth and ztto. There’s no functional difference.

ogden
    Free Member

One Up V1 dropper is £79.75 on their website now without a lever! Just got one to replace my wobbly brand X. I have a V1 OneUp on my other bike and its the most solid dropper I’ve used! no play at all in over a year.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are the Brand-x / Canyon 30.9 posts still £50 on ebay without the lever?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I have a wolf tooth and ztto. There’s no functional difference.

Well… that’s disappointing… £70 bloody quid

joebristol

20% off Oneup at the moment – annoyingly a week after buying one of their 180mm posts. Grrrrr.

I only went oneup this time because I could fit in the 180mm but couldn’t quite fit in the 170mm brand x.

If 150mm then just go for the brand x at £99 – it’s a no brainer. The cost of the oneup at $209 (worked out just over £160) doesn’t include a remote or cable inner / outer. Going to run mine with a Bontrager remote I already had.

ogden
    Free Member

Joebristol – Where is OneUp 20% off?

joebristol

Their own website – use the code ONEUP2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Brand X ascend? Anyone help?’ is closed to new replies.