Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alternative to Talktalk.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

So who is the current ISP of choice? TT have been hopeless in the last few days, internet keeps dropping but they’ve made little effort to fix it. Who’s good value? We use now TV for iplayer, Netflix and their own services so they’d be one option. The other thing, is it worth it to do it through topcashback, any reason not to.

dannybgoode

Only in the last few days?! You’ve broken all known records for having no issues with TT.

Zen Internet if you want a bulletproof connection and a help desk that are actually helpful. not the cheapest necessarily but so far beyond anyone else in all other respects they represent stunning value for money.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It became a bit unpredictable before Christmas but it’s been chronic the last few days.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am happy with IDNet which is rather similar to Zen in terms of price, performance and reliability. Just choose the package you prefer. Good help desk support.

I work from home a lot so reliable ISP is very important.

Check out the ISP review here

project
    Free Member

They all use open reach land lines, try replacing the filter, they burn out, caused loads of problems for me, changed it and no problems

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Post Office were a good deal early Jan when we signed up for ~£21pcm 12 month contract no activation fee, wish I had looked to see if posties got a discount! 😀

Davesport

Steven, I struggled with TT for two years before finally giving up. Moved to BT and the service has been solid for the last 3 years since joining. I’ve never had cause to phone them other than to renegotiate the cost. They’ve been lambasted on here in the past but been great for me :o)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s the filter as our laptop was fine the other when connected via ethernet cable, but I could be completely wrong.

itlab
    Free Member

If the service is fine via an Ethernet cable then all you need is a new router or a mesh WiFi system Rather than changeing isp.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Zen here. It’s been so faultless over the last 8 or so years that I keep forgetting who my ISP is!

CountZero

Been with BT for years; had a few issues to start with, because I was using a Mac, and it kept dropping out, Customer Service was a bit flakey because their help desks had been outsourced to India, and they really didn’t understand Macs. Eventually I managed to get put through to a Mac literate engineer, and we spent at least an hour trying to sort the issue, with no luck.
    Until I was keying in the router password for the umpteenth time, and I was reading the characters out loud as I tapped them in, and he stopped me, and asked if I’d put a hash symbol before the password. I hadn’t because there was nothing in the literature to say I needed to. Apparently BT required it, but didn’t bother to tell anyone!
    Once that was established I had no further issues, and they dropped it a while later when Macs became more popular.
    Mine’s been trouble free for at least a decade, probably more – my Mac Mini is a 2010 model and I’ve had no problems since I’ve had it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Talktalk.’ is closed to new replies.