Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Alps trip advice
  • saintsludge
    Free Member

Hi
    i had a weekend in Morzine last year for the first time which was great but this year we would prefer more riding outside of the bike parks. Not exactly full on XC, but some peddling and uplift perhaps a guide. More natural trails and epic mountain views.

Can anyone recommend a company we could approach or an area of the alps to look at.

thanks

lardman
    Free Member

Whiteroom – in the Bourg St Maurice area. Just what you described.

UK-FLATLANDER

The area around Briancon has some awesome riding of all types, and is generally much drier than the northern Alps. Bike parks at Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre and Bardonecchi close by – Les Deux Alpes, Valloire and Alpe D’Heuz not far away either. Or grab a map, google routes online and just head out and try exploring for yourself.

RicB

+1 for white room, it’s pretty much exactly what you say you’re after OP

I prefer the Rivierabike trails though (Maritime Alps). Fantastic trails with epic scenery plus local Italian food

frogstomp

White Room++

duncancallum

Jonny at ride Slovenia.

If you like steep natural tech and dont mind epic scenery and cheap bear it’s the place.

Back 3rd time in October

philstone

Les Arcs is definitely a good shout. The off-piste is natural singletrack heaven!

wl
    Free Member

http://www.bikeverbier.com Loads on this forum are very happy guests of theirs, me included (full disclosure – I know them and worked for them years back). Amazing trails and terrain, mint chalet, perfect hosts. They don’t guide themselves now, but they can sort all that for you.

lardman
    Free Member

Bike Verbier have always been great for me too. Although not been since they’ve stopped guiding.
    As said above trails/chalet/food all top notch.

tourismo

Bike village, amazing riding and hospitality.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Another vote for whiteroom had great trip last year have already booked again for this year

tuboflard

Another Whiteroom happy customer here. Not been to their new chalet but looks great. And the cooking from Matt and Crona is superb.

saintsludge
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the recommendations. i will be following them up!

maxtorque

Whiteroom +3

@duncancallum
    how do you know their bear is cheap? Did he not get his round in?? 😉

fathomer

White Room +however many!

Me and the Mrs went for a week last year and we’re going again in July. The riding’s fantastic and the views amazing!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Just don’t let Whiteroom take you down Double Header 🙂

Fat-boy-fat

As an alternative to the good places above, you could try AQR in Luchon, Basque MTB, Ciclo Montana.

onehundredthidiot

White room about 1000x better than ciclo Montana (but we just had a bad experience).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Alps trip advice’ is closed to new replies.