Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alps group / coaching / guiding for a 16 year old?
  • oldtennisshoes

Just planning next year’s summer holiday, and an Alpine adventure is looming.
    Junior OTS will be 16, into his downhill and enduro, and so I’d like to book some riding for him. Maybe 5 or 7 days guided riding. We’ll in around, but I want him to ride with a group or worst case 1 to 1 guide. I guess there’s 2 parts to this:
    1. Are there guided groups without the accommodation; and
    2. Is him only being 16 going to be a problem?

We will be round and about if there’s an injury or significant mechanical to deal with, but I’d not be riding with him.

Location wise, we are thinking Morzine, but that can be flexible depending on other factors.

mashr

MCF in Les Gets would certainly take him out for the week. If you want him scared there’s at Scottish lad that guides for them called Steven who’d happily help him find his limits 🙂

oldtennisshoes

MCF looks like a definite possibility, thanks.
    Any other options?

colp

Leogang do kids camps for all abilities

https://elements-outdoorsports.at/en/home

matt_outandabout

Just wait until the summer after…
    … Eldest_oab and pal just spent a fortnight riding there by themselves, at 17.

oldtennisshoes

Just wait until the summer after…
    … Eldest_oab and pal just spent a fortnight riding there by themselves, at 17.

Very cool – I’d like to think that mine and his pal could do the same. I’m not sure his mother could handle it though 😉

mashr

The Igloo in Les Gets was a revelation when I was 17!

rockhopper70

Jo at Rideability in Morzine is a good lad and he started a week long training camp this year for the younger end. We missed it as we went early in the holidays but I would have signed my lad up had it been on.

One to one would be mighty expensive tho….

Teen’s DH Camp

oldtennisshoes

Thanks again folks – booking accommodation today 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Another Morz provider here

Bike lessons and tours

One of their guides took my boys (8 + 12) out for the day in a group of 4x. They learnt huge amounts and had a great day.

Its a more informal arrangement so there’s lot of flexibility.

oldtennisshoes

Ferries and accommodation booked. I’ve emailed a couple of the contacts from above. Thanks again everyone.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alps group / coaching / guiding for a 16 year old?’ is closed to new replies.