Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alps for 5″ wus and 6″ hooligan
  • cymohndee
    Free Member

I have a plan.. but it really would benefit from the wisdom from all you ST alpine old hands.

As a post GCSE treat and last gasp ageing father fledgling son bonding exercise I’d like to take my 16yr old to have some fun in the alps for a week. I’ve never done this before and budget is an issue!

Now my Idea of mountain biking heaven is pointing slightly down swoopy flowy singletrack off the brakes on my Pace RC405. His idea is not having to pedal at all, in the air jumps and drops, just short of world cup downhill on his beefed Spesh Enduro.

It will probably be just us two and I’m keen that we both have a good time and would prefer to get to the end of the week still talking to each other. Is there somewhere we can go that will suit us both?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Morzine/Les Gets has plenty DH stuff and old school singletrack, you’d probably need a guide for the latter.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Come see us, we do most of our riding on flowy singletrack but there’s also plenty of DH-style riding in the valley at Tignes and Les Arcs. There’s even some North Shore lurking in the woods at Sainte Foy if you know where to look…

For you:

For cymohndeejunior:

Tracey

Verbier would be good, our girls love it.

Tracey

cymohndee
    Free Member

Thanks all, anymore?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

I know endlessride are doing fathers and sons weeks again – sounds like a good fit to me!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Speak to the guys at Trailaddiction in Les Arcs. Although I don’t stay with them when I go out there (a friend owns a chalet in the area so I stop there) I have been with them a few times on their guided rides and if you’d be hard pushed to find better quality guides than theirs.

Les Arcs itself is fantastic for both ‘gnarly’ stuff and singletrack bashing, indeed its the reason I took beefed-up Specialized Enduro and my Giant Trance last year. Its also the reason why you find quite a few guys there the week before Mega Avalanche, getting some practice in.

waihiboy
    Free Member

yeah as above, i didnt think much of Les Gets because we were stupid the local map was crap and we missed MILES of singeltrack , we really should have got a guide.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

+1 for Trailaddiction, there is stuff you can both enjoy, and probably on the same ride!?

They will taylor it to the groups ability and invariably can satisfy the full range of ability in the group. They mainly use the ski lifts and van uplifts – just because there’s minimal climbing doesn’t mean it has to be a crazy hard core DH fest that you won’t cope with!

nasher
    Free Member

Trailaddiction would probably be right up your street.

erny
    Free Member

Endless ride are very highly recomended here,i’ve used others in morzine and they are the best we have used,few of us where like you and a few where loke your son,they just tailor it to fit around you

Jimbikes
    Free Member

Cant really say enough good things about Lucy and Phil at Bike Verbier you will be well catered for in riding eating and guiding in amazing scenery.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alps for 5″ wus and 6″ hooligan’ is closed to new replies.