Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alps – Channel Tunnel
  • Milkie
    Free Member

Off to the Alps/Whiteroom in 5-1/2 weeks woop! Looking at booking tickets for the tunnel.. Flexiplus? I can’t find many details about how many days either way it can be used?

Also can anyone recommend any trails for the 1st week in September? Are there any lifts open then? Also a place to stay for a couple of nights so we can do a little extra riding after staying at White Room?

Any help, greatly appreciated. 😉

Mackem

I always get the cheapest ticket on the day I want to cross.(usually at 5am) You are allowed to be up to 24hrs “late”. Never had a problem getting over, max wait about an hour.

Milkie
    Free Member

24hrs late with a FlexiPlus!? Not very flexible then! 😥

We will be booking before hand, as we will have the bikes on the roof.

bland

A lot of places will have closed the lifts then but chamonix will be worth a look as the riding ban will be lifted and I think lifts are still open but check

mrhoppy

Standard gives you 2h either way and we arrived 11h before our departure this time and got onto the next train at no extra cost. Only time I’ve had trouble getting an earlier train was when there had been a breakdown and they had delays.

officialtob
    Free Member

24hrs late with a FlexiPlus!? Not very flexible then!

I think Mackem was referring to a standard ticket, not a flexiplus.

granny_ring
    Milkie
    Free Member

Granny_ring, Am I being a complete muppet here (high possibility)…? I cannot see any information on how flexible the Flexiplus is!?

ransos
    Free Member

We arrived early on a standard ticket and they booked us on to an earlier train, at no extra charge.

officialtob
    Free Member

For Flexiplus reservations and queries please call +44 (0) 8443 35 33 35

Mackem

Yes, I was referring to the standard tickets, not Flexiplus.

Milkie
    Free Member

We’re not sure what to do after our stay at The White Room (suggestions welcome!) and if there are any lifts open. Hence why we want a Flexisaver, hopefully giving us a few days leeway.

I guess I will give them a call… I’m sure there must be someone here that knows.

granny_ring

Have you sorted it out?
    It says for the flexi plus you just turn up, no need to book.
    As said above the standard ticket usually gives you a couple of hours leeway either side of your booked time and pretty sure you can change your return booking day/time but might have to pay a small fee if the tariff differs.

steveh

There’s a campsite in bourg or one in vallandry if you have kit with you but i think the lifts around there will be shut by then. Lifts will be open in Pila, morzine and Chamonix. All of which make an easy loop from les arcs round and back north.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alps – Channel Tunnel’ is closed to new replies.