Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Alpkit woodsmoke shirt colours?
  • Shackleton

I have an alpkit woodsmoke shirt in brick red and love it. The wife bought me another in “reef” for Christmas. We expected it to look this colour

but it actually looks like this

Can anybody who has one tell me which of these two colours reef actually is (both images are from alpkit)? Did alpkit muck up and send me an old version or is it just a case of bad colour management in their images?

sgn23
    Free Member

2nd is a different cut around the shoulders, which might be for added protection when carrying a pack.
    If you like it why worry? Return it if not, they have a good return policy.

Shackleton

They are both the same shirt so should be same cut. I like the colour of the first but not the second (same as mine) and want to know if we order another which colour it is likely to arrive as!

Have they done 2 “blue” versions and not updated the site so the new one isn’t shown, or is the new one shown on the site and I was sent old stock of the previous colour? Or is the picture on thd site the only blue that they have ever done and just a bad representation of the actual colour?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Have you asked them?

inbred853

Is it me, or pockets on second look a tad smaller?
    Not a scubby on the colour though.

grum
    Free Member

Is the second pic yours? I’d say it’s the same shirt just photographed under different lighting/edited differently.

Is it me, or pockets on second look a tad smaller?

It does look that way but I think the first one is on a mannequin and the second is laid flat so it’s hard to tell

oldschool

They are different cuts as said already. Look at the seams on the shoulder. Top one goes across the top of the shoulder to the arm, and the bottom one goes down and meets the pocket pretty much before turning back to the arm.

Shackleton

Both pics are from alpkit. They are supposedly the same shirt but could be different versions and/or sizes as the pocket size on the shirts I’ve seen are the same regardless of body size. I have asked them but they are being slow to get back to me what with one thing and another (post Xmas returns, lockdown, etc) . This place is usually faster!

Edit – lower shirt is actually the womens version but is still the “reef” colour.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can’t barely see a difference of colour.

I guess my phone needs it’s colours sorted.

inbred853

Pockets deffo smaller, look at the length of both in relation to the pattern, shorter and slimmer different stitching on pocket flap also. I prefer the top version for what it’s worth.
    Anyhoo, anyone ordered the STW shirt?

drnosh
    Free Member

The cuffs are different.

bigblackshed

This is that blue/gold – white/whatever dress again, isn’t it?

*Says the colourblind man.

rOcKeTdOg

colour looks the same to me, I have the brick red one too, it’s ace!

footflaps

The blues are quite different on my MacBook, top one looks like Royal Blue and bottom one is more cyan / turquoise. I’d wear either…

butcher

They are most definitely not the same shirt. They have several different features which are not at all subjective, different stitching, cut, etc. Zoom in on the shoulders or pockets, it’s a completely different garment.

In terms of colour, assuming they’re the same fabric, it would be quite easy to produce those differences in the images, although I’d say it would be more likely for the 1st image to be the correct colour and the second oversaturated.

scotroutes

Edit – lower shirt is actually the womens version but is still the “reef” colour.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

is one of those the womens and one the mens? I have one, and its sort of green, looks nice.

EDIT – it looks most like the second (women’s)

disben

I have this shirt and it is definitely more like photo 2.

iainc

Have been thinking about getting one of these, are they any good and what are they good for ?

nickdavies

Surely after a couple of washes it will be the top colour anyway?

Shackleton

I really like mine; warm, breathable (not sweaty), very comfy over a wide temp range and soft. And doesn’t get smelly. Had mine for a bit over a year and it still looks the same colour (brick) and condition as I remember when new.

I use mine as a general shirt over t-shirt for walking, gentle rides with kids, etc. Done a bit of bouldering but nothing high exertion. It is quite wicking so would expect it to be OK in this situation.

Merak

Conversely mine is a bit disappointing.

It’s wearing badly after just a few outings, bobbling etc.

Washed @ 30 degrees with hand wash liquid. I’m a maniac about clothes care.

It’s a £60 odd shirt, not worth imo.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve done 100s of miles on the grav in mine in all weathers, always comes up like new after a wash 🤷‍♂️

rOcKeTdOg

Anyhoo, anyone ordered the STW shirt?

Was tempted until I saw the price, even after the member discount

franksinatra

I was after a shirt like this for general day to day / work from home dress. Saw this thread and bought a red one. Thanks for the nudge, its a lovely shirt.

Joe

Incredible how tastes can be so different in human beings. Enjoy the shirt!

Blackflag
    Free Member

Top shirt looks subtle and nice, the lower shirt looks a bit bright and cheap.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit woodsmoke shirt colours?’ is closed to new replies.