Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alpkit Gourdon
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Looking to get a 25 or 30 litre Gourdon from Alpkit. It’ll be for a laptop, wash bag, trainers, running kit, clean shirt, maybe a jumper. Is the 25 big enough for that or should I not risk it and get the 30 litre? I’d probably get some sort of sleeve for the laptop to give it some sort of protection.

Thanks!

jam-bo

I had a 20l one, you could probably fit that lot in but the combination of top entry and no internal divisions meant you end up taking a lot of stuff in and out to get to stuff at the bottom. Comfortable though.

It didn’t survive a tree/speed interface and when alpkit gave me a new one my Mrs claimed the new one. I wasn’t too fussed.

jamiep
    Free Member

As above, I think the 30l would be huge. I’ve the 25l, which I don’t actually use for ‘cycling’ (as it would sometimes be too big). Rather, I use that for ‘carrying stuff while on my bike’.

See how the 20 and 25’s dimensions compare to check which fits the laptop

fatmax

Useful thread, I’m just about to buy one for commuting too – suit carrier with fresh shirts and trouser, laptop bag etc. Was going to go for 30lt but will have a look at the 25 now. Ta

Stoner
    Free Member

I use a 25 for commuting.

It takes my laptop, ride tools/spares, a couple of ties, waterproof troos, waterproof coat, and has room for plenty more.

Careful packing and you would fit all you want in the OP. But it would be fairly full then.

EDIT: hang on, I have mine here. two ticks…

alexpalacefan

I think the 25L has the useful pockets on the outside too

APF

Stoner
    Free Member

I think the 25L has the useful pockets on the outside too

Mine only has the stiffening pad pocket. Not v useful for anything but a block of A4.

Those are big’ol size 13 approach shoes, and they take up a helluva lot of space.

jam-bo

20l has the pockets but no clear window.

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner! That’s very helpful. I reckon the 25 litre will be good enough and they’ve just got them back in stock too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Gourdon’ is closed to new replies.