Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Alpkit frame bag prices… Reasonable?!
  • tuboflard

For uk made bags, Wizard Works (not used personally) or Restrap (used a lot) are not cheap but I’d say better value than alpkit.

I’ve got a mixture of both on the gravel bike and commuter. Very well made, lovely attention to detail and nice to know they’re handmade in the UK. Worth the extra spend IMO.

supernova

Wizard Works are not producing custom bags at the moment and the Restrap customer frame bag is 50% more expensive than a basic Alpkit Stingray.

montgomery
    Free Member

After many happy years with an Alpkit Possum frame bag, I replaced it a year ago with the Restrap equivalent. Can’t comment on the custom options, but the stock Restrap bag is currently quite a bit cheaper than the Possum (on Merlin).

The Alpkit bag, bought 2014, lived on my bike for seven years. The zip eventually failed due to me stuffing too much in. The Restrap bag is nice, feels like a quality item; maybe needs some padding along the surface that lies against the downtube to stop stuff inside clonking against it (never a problem with the Possum, or the Wildcat Ocelot that lives on another bike).

It’s all UK made kit, though, and does the job. Just packed for a couple of days away starting out of the door in the morning.

supernova

I’ve just replaced an Alpkit top tube bag because it was too floppy with a Restrap one which is much better. It was nearly twice the price though.

johnx2
    Free Member

Do what I did: get a cheap Pod bag from OnOne made out of tarpaulin that wears a nice hole in your new carbon frame.

jimdubleyou

I’ve just replaced an Alpkit top tube bag because it was too floppy with a Restrap one which is much better. It was nearly twice the price though.

Yeah, I did that too…

Do what I did: get a cheap Pod bag from OnOne made out of tarpaulin that wears a nice hole in your new carbon frame.

My expensive bags have rubbed through the top coat and almost down to steel in some places on my cheap on-one paint job 🙁

Luckily my carbon frame bike is ride-wrapped + has extra protection where the straps are

seventy

For UK made bikepacking kit, Wildcat have a sale on right now. http://www.wildcat.cc

And if you want to message me on here I’ll give you a code for an extra 10% off.

(disclaimer, I’m Mr Wildcat)

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.