• This topic has 28 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • All City Nature Boy, SSCX with derailleur hanger?
  • drotos
    Free Member

I’m in love with the All City Nature Boy (Zona tubing). But I’m affraid of the lack of derailleur hanger. Is there any option to use track end frames with derailleur hangers? I like the idea of racing SSCX, but maybe sometimes I want to race with mech… What do You think?

rootes1

Why not get an All City Macho Man then?

Or if you like the look of th enature boy use a hub gear Nature boy is 130mm spacing

thomthumb
    Free Member

Is there any option to use track end frames with derailleur hangers?

check the frame spacing though

federalski
    Free Member

Haha, never quite clicked when I saw the Nature Boy till the post about the Macho Man frame. Gottla love it. Roll on the All City Hulk Hogan…
    Nice looking bikes though.

drotos
    Free Member

Frame spacing is OK, I mean 130mm. Can I use these adapters with QR hubs, too? What’s Your experience? I have to take off the derailleur every time I get out the wheel, haven’t I? What about the full-length hosing?

MrAgreeable

Get a flip-flop rear hub? Sounds like a Crosscheck might be more what you’re after, if you can deal with the industrial looks. I don’t think the Nature Boy is particularly light.

drotos
    Free Member

The Nature Boy (Colombus Zona tubung) is lighter. And I like that frame… just would like some getaway. 🙂

rootes1

All City Macho Man

That seems the best option.

drotos
    Free Member

Macho Man is heavier, and has vertical dropout…

MrAgreeable

The Nature Boy (Colombus Zona tubung) is lighter.

The frame and fork still seem to be almost the same as the ‘Check and other mid-range steel CXers. 0.3 lb in it, apparently, but the Surly weight is for a 56cm.

http://allcitycycles.com/bikes/nature_boy_zona_ltd

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/cross_check

Or there’s this:

http://www.pakebikes.com/product/F8EF09/C’Mute+Frame

rootes1

Macho Man is heavier, and has vertical dropout…

well.. then if you want the nature Boy just accept it will be a single speed or if you wnat gears the be sensible and fit a hub gear

will be better than trying to fudge things

you could run a tensioner witht he vertical drop out but again fudging..

drotos
    Free Member

I’d like SSCX racing, but sometimes I’ll need gears… so the hub gear isn’t a good choice.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’d like SSCX racing, but sometimes I’ll need gears…

kaffenback

drotos
    Free Member

Sure. I know a lot of frames… but I’m interested in the Nature Boy, and options to use that geared! 😉

MrAgreeable

Just hurry up and buy the damn thing already. 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

cross check, semi dropouts mean can do gears or ss

thomthumb
    Free Member

crosscheck has awesome tyre clearence too. 1.8 / 45c fit iirc.

drotos
    Free Member

OK, I see… the Crosscheck is the better choice. :S But what about the lighter Columbus Zona tubing, the internal cable routing, and the race-ready geometry? 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

If you really want your cake and eat it then you need a custom indy fab 😉

drotos
    Free Member

Yes. And need to be millionaire… 😀

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Traitor Crusade?

drotos
    Free Member

I’ve just seen the Traitor Crusade. But I think the geometry of Nature Boy suits me better. 😀 (Shorter TopTube, etc.)

drotos
    Free Member

What about the Blackmarket gear hanger?

Black Market Horizontal Gear Hanger

thomthumb – What kind of derailleur hanger did You recommend? I couldn’t recognize that on the pics…

drotos
    Free Member

I’ve just found.

So I just have to use the DMR chain tug, which hold in place by the frame’s built in chain tensioner screws and it’s own screws. (And the QR, of course… 🙂 )

rootes1

d like SSCX racing, but sometimes I’ll need gears… so the hub gear isn’t a good choice.

Just curious – why is hub gear not a good choice?

drotos
    Free Member

Because I need a comletly new wheel, shifter, etc. And… I’ve never seen any hub gears in CX races. 🙂

Sam

Or a Singular Kite? Currently on sale as well. All sizes in stock except small.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Who imports the All City frames?

Sam

Pretty sure it’ll be Ison – they do all the Salsa/Surly/All City (i.e. QBP) stuff.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘All City Nature Boy, SSCX with derailleur hanger?’ is closed to new replies.