• This topic has 36 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Alexei Sayle Riding Bikes on YouTube
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

Alexei Sayle has a YouTube channel and has been sharing his bike rides around London. The videos are approx 20-30 mins and he chats away about the buildings he cycles past, stuff from his life and generally chatting. It’s a very calm and interesting watch. He also posts the recordings of his podcast. So it works out that one week he releases a podcast and the next he releases a bike riding video.

Alexei Sayle on YouTube

kayak23

Thanks for that. I’ll take a look.

However, I thought he’d got a new motor 🤔

jwd606
    Free Member

I like his ramblings as he tootles along.

stevie750

Where are the Dr Martin boots

Bez

Mumble mumble cycling Jerzei mumble I’ll get my coat.

white101

I watched this last week, needs to up his ogmios game but works for me.

convert

I remember a article about him back in the 80’s – I think either in the comic or maybe cycling. On his custom built Orbit bike. Talking about getting a bike to fit his tiny short legs but pretty massive miles he was putting in. A bit of a life long roadman our Mr Sayle.

reeksy

Back in the late 90s I remember I used to see him bumbling around Bloomsbury. Looked like an old duffer even then. He’s got a podcast out as well that i’m planning on listening to whilst riding my bike. Seems fitting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Does he cycle past John who has got a new motor?

Just had a quick swizz. Seems calming and interesting. And out of breath.

endomick
    Free Member

If he’s cycling around London he must still be on pills for his nerves.

theotherjonv

Pills for mine, give those parked cars a bit more space!

(got doored once, won’t happen a second time)

dyna-ti

Interesting watch, think ill take a look at ore later this eve. I also like the ramblings and slow pace, where you can appreciate the age of the city.
    One of his is along tow path and you get to see (if you look) the old stonework and the history within it.

hatter

Very Zen

Crazy how quiet central London is ATM, beginning to miss going into town TBH but I’m not going near a train until I’ve been jabbed.

redmex
    Free Member

I’ve an old magazine possibly Bicycle Action from the 80’s and Alexi was on the front cover, I’m sure some of Madness were also well into bikes back then

velocipede
    Free Member

He had a couple of Pete Matthews road bikes back in the day – full Super Record – he knows his bikes!

martymac

I’m sure I remember an article in (possibly) a car mag where they interviewed him about a classic jag or similar, and they mentioned that he had a pair of custom bikes that were worth more than it

wordnumb
    Free Member

I watched the first couple. The angry righteous man of the eighties is admirably calm in tutting at inconsiderate drivers, I felt I was waiting for him to explode at someone. Maybe if he spots a member of the shadow cabinet on his travels.

spursn17
    Free Member

Great find!

Riding around Lincolns Inn Fields (legal area) “I got sued for libel once, would’ve been cheaper to stab the can’t” 😂😂😂

dudeofdoom

Ohh I’m looking forward to watching, he’s a strange bloke that seemed to have slipped off the world after the 80’s.

I was a bit young then to appreciate that he was actually very funny.

bearGrease

Watched two now. I’m hooked.

MoreCashThanDash

Very easy watching, would never have occurred if I hadn’t seen positives on here.

devbrix
    Free Member

Love him and his rides. Saw him at Dartmouth a couple of years back reading from his autobiography. Not sure how on earth they booked him for the back of beyond in Devon but anyway our good fortune. He was poignant, sad and funny; really subtle stuff but captivating. One of the best nights had for a long time. Some more gritty one liners which showed his fire is still very much burning such as “anyone who talks about a workshop which doesn’t involve light industry is a complete w^^ker”

velocipede
    Free Member

Yep I’m hooked too – used to rate him way back in the day and I like the fact he’s mellowed like the rest of us 😁

Klunk
    Free Member

Politcal correctness gone mad….

Klunk
    Free Member

new ride up

brads
    Free Member

I hope he’s nothing like he was in the 80’s. About as funny as a dose of the clap.

Still, if it’s cycling it might be worth some effort to watch.

136stu
    Free Member

Red Light Jumper

dyna-ti

Red Light Jumper

The light was amber officer 🙂

kerley
    Free Member

I hope he’s nothing like he was in the 80’s

He is nothing like he was in the 80’s, probably because none of us are like we were in the 80’s. 40 years makes a lot of difference. His Imaginery sandwich bar Radio 4 show is great.

Not sure he will ever be a tories cup of tea though

brads
    Free Member

Well if he’s not as shit as he was I might have a look.

Klunk
    Free Member

another bike ride up….

retrorick

I think I’ll watch his videos when I get the chance. I find him amusing.

Klunk
    Free Member

Col de MK

ratherbeintobago

Who is that fat bastard?

scaredypants

Col, apparently

Klunk
    Free Member

theres a couple of Canvey Island vids…. dear god a scary place to ride a bike.

alpin
    Free Member

Canvey is a scary place to live let alone ride a bike. Bunch of inbreds.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Alexei Sayle Riding Bikes on YouTube’ is closed to new replies.