Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aldi specialbuys inc table vice
  • roger_mellie

Aldi DIY specialbuys available to pre-order including a table vice with free p&p. Looks like the pictures for the table vice and suction vice have been loaded round the wrong way though. Just ordered one so could be pot luck which one I get (-;
    Slowly building up the home workshop to do more bike related maintenance myself.
    Aldi link

dooosuk
    Free Member

Cheers, just bought a tool board set for the garage.

eskay

Anyone bought one of their tap and die sets before? Are they any good?

tjagain

I have used an aldi tap and die set – fine for tapping in aluminium which is all I used it for

DezB
    Free Member

Hip flasks for £4 on Thurs

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive used their tap and die set, only on ally and brass but its paid for itself already.
    I fancy the table saw.

redmex
    Free Member

That vice looks to me perfect for a watch repair or an airfix build but i like a vice thats bolted and can take a bit of abuse, some torque and painted navy blue
    Try taking an old metal seat post out a frame will have it spinning
    On secocond thoughts chuck the frame in the skip

fossy

The vice is ok for small stuff. The ball pivots are both handy and a pain as they can move about under strain as you can’t lock them off tight enough. The callipers are also handy for measuring tube sizes.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    tthew

Tap and die set – dead handy for a home user. Mine’s always worked fine and not broken any, though I can’t think I’ve ever cut new threads, just cleaned up damaged ones.

Cheap digital verniers are a PITA in my experience. As an occasional user, too great a risk of the battery being flat when needed and the Aldi one flattened it fairly quick. Manual one works every time.

stumpy01

tthew – Member

Cheap digital verniers are a PITA in my experience. As an occasional user, too great a risk of the battery being flat when needed and the Aldi one flattened it fairly quick. Manual one works every time.

+1. I’ve got a cheap digital one & it eats the battery. The Mitutoyo ones at work last for years from one battery.
    Unless shelling out for a decent one, I would just get a non-digital caliper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aldi specialbuys inc table vice’ is closed to new replies.