Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Airy Helmet for 59cm Swede?
  • sirromj

My swede measures 59cm and with Giro sizing this is either medium or large. I tried a large Giro Fathom and it’s a big wiggy from side to side but am concerned that the medium will be just a bit too small and sit badly.

Can anyone recommend a helmet as airy as a Giro Fathom for a 59cm bonce please?

danti

Assuming you mean well vented when you say airy?

Specialized Tactic 2 in large fit my same size noggin well and are well vented but fit is a personal thing.

sirromj

Yes well vented MTB helmet, for racing XC over the Summer months.

Superficial
    Free Member

Try one on?

59cm is just a measurement, some helmets just won’t fit properly because the shape of your head is incompatible.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

XC racing, get a road(ish) helmet.

I’ve got one of these for the gnarmac bike and it’s airier than an airy thing an a very airy day.

Spesh Airnet. Another example of them doing dreadful names for great products.

Of course, fit is key here. I have a Tactic as well, which fits just as well as the Airnet. Maybe it’s because Spesh fit my head. Either way, I tried both on, and then bought them. Size is one thing. Fit is another.

swanny853

If I read correctly from your description that you’re finding helmets a bit loose round the sides you could look at bontrager- I haven’t tried the lightweight stuff yet but I will be because my rally is probably the best fitting helmet I’ve had. Often with others i find either loose side to side, tight front to rear, or both

swanny853

Ps head measures 59-60ish, take a bonty large. Med was a bit snug

wiggles
    Free Member

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Specialized Prevail for my 58cm noggin.

I went for the medium. I’m not completely sure I shouldn’t have gone large, but I did try a large on and it felt a bit floppy.

At 59 you might just be inside large territory.

It’s a very airy lid, and you can get them half price at the moment in the Specialized helmet amnesty.

sirromj

Ah well thanks for the pointers – some brands I don’t see so much in certain popular online retailers, which have better sizing for my head size. Going to have to wait I think. I want a helmet with better ventilation than my Catlike Leaf, but it has to be better, and of course weigh < 300gm, and should be MTB/XC specific as I’m not a roadie. Gonna have to sit on this a bit*.

There’s a sale on the lazersport site btw.

*no I’m not gonna sit on my helmet.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Met Lupo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Airy Helmet for 59cm Swede?’ is closed to new replies.