Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Air compressor for tubeless, what do I want?
  • scruff
    Free Member

All sorts availabe, what flow rate / tank size? Any recomendation where I can just go and buy VFM one in North West Midlands?

wwaswas

6ltr tank/£60 is fine and fairly portable.

thefallguy
    Free Member

one from Aldi is good value and works well

scruff
    Free Member

theres a screwfix up the road, £100 a bit too much. How much is the Aldi one?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/88998/Power-Tools/Compressors/Sumo-1-5hp-6Ltr-Compressor

Flash
    Free Member

A track pump and elbow grease?

thefallguy
    Free Member

when they are in stock about 60 notes

scruff
    Free Member

Snaped the head off my track pump by dropping wheel on it, and after using a compressor on holiday I just want one for 4 bikes and a 3 wheeled offroad pram and lots of thorns and tyre changes.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I bought a used 20ltr tank jobby many years ago for a small paint spraying task.
    it didn't get a whole lot of use after that but now I'm biking it's remarkably useful for all sorts of jobs (cleaning all sorts of stuff of dust, removing grips, tyres, etc). If you have tricky tyres to inflate the larger tank can be helpful but not absolutely necessary.
    I'd go as cheap as poss but with a reasonable size tank (6ltr +)

coffeeking
    Free Member

A track pump and elbow grease?

I tried 5 times, with my large track pump, to inflate my folding tyres as tubeless – no ball was played. Took a forecourt compressor to sort it. Why waste £25 on a track pump when twice that will get you something that'll do stacks more?

br
    Free Member

I bought a cheap compressor from Screwfix (it was £80 along with an accessory kit) when I went tubeless, works a treat. Although I did buy a better quality inflator – lock's on better along with good gauge.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/88444/Power-Tools/Air-Tools/Metabo-RF363-Tyre-Inflator

Its worth getting hold of a Mavic tubeless valve as it comes with a screw-on bit to convert presta to schrader – as I couldn't get a presta head anywhere.

takisawa2

£10.98 for a Track-Pump from Asda.
    Press on the tyre around the Valve to effect a temporary seat.
    Job done. Ok so a bit of pumping is involved but they soon go up & stop leaking (loads).
    And I was using the Pikey cut-in-half BMX tube system.
    Where in the "North West Midlands" are you ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Air compressor for tubeless, what do I want?’ is closed to new replies.