Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • After the cramps
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

So had to bail on the ride yesterday because I took severe leg cramp, quads, calves,hamstrings…bam I was down like a sniper took me out. It was ride that I can & have done comfortably more without issue, so whether I got my fueling, hydration, salt/electrolytes or the underlying tension in my back from climbing or just my general fitness. I think they probably all played there part but I feel I shouldn’t have cramped if I’d played more attention to somethings.

My question is what to do after the cramps have struck? I had planned on a ride today but legs feel awful..Maybe a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted but..

Rest, stretch, drink fluids?

Rubber_Buccaneer

So this isn’t about Lux Interior?

pnik

RubberBuccaneer “you got good taste”

And yes, electrolytes, stretching etc, I’d say ride but don’t push it,

wobbliscott
    Free Member

How well do you know your ‘numbers’? If you’ve got your zones down right then you can avoid cramps altogether. Ok means you’re limiting your power output and have to manage it through the ride but works for me. Obviously adequate hydration and feeding is obvious but if you’re just pushing too hard relative to your fitness level then you’ll still get cramp.

Power meter is the single best investment you can make financially, then learning how to use it and getting familiar with your numbers is the best investment in time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘After the cramps’ is closed to new replies.