Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Afan trails, South Wales – how are they riding?
  • lardman
    Free Member

Planning a loop around Afan Sunday, but wondered how they are riding?

Any closures, or bits to avoid?

Many thanks for any info.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Was there earlier this week. Conditions were perfect, just lots of puddles. Whites Level from goodwood down was closed and sends you onto the Skyline descent which is almost like pedalling uphill. So don’t bother with whites level of still closed, or at least go onto the Blade descent at the end

So in summary:

Bring waterproof shorts and socks
    Don’t ride whites level

lardman
    Free Member

Great- thanks for the heads up.
    Goretex socks, check.
    Waterproof trousers, check.

thebunk

Was planning on doing W2 next weekend – sounds like there’s no point between the closures on Whites Level @<span class=”bbp-author-name”>chrishc777</span> mentioned and the closures on Y Wall off the link from @boardmanfs18?

Thinking Cwmcarn might be a better bet this time.

gribble
    Free Member

Just got back. I rode Blade & White’s Level on Saturday. Blade was ace, although my first time and felt techs and rocky – would like to do it again, just to have another go but with having more idea what is coming. White’s was closed in a few places.

Few puddles, but nothing too bad.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thinking Cwmcarn might be a better bet this time.

Trails are pretty dry here in Cardiff, with only a few soft bits in the deepest dankest woods, so I think Cwmcarn will be dry.

schmung
    Free Member

Cwmcarn was bone dry yesterday. It had evidently been raining in some places around here because the roads were wet and there puddles around when I popped out the forest, but the actual trails were dusty as.

lardman
    Free Member

Rode Cwmcarn in the end, which was great. Bone dry and running fast.
    Then BPW Monday, which was great, but punishing for my old bones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Afan trails, South Wales – how are they riding?’ is closed to new replies.