Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Aeris frames bearings
  • submarined
    Free Member

How long are people getting out of theirs?
    And what are the longest lasting replacements? Cost not as important as longevity. If there are ones that will last longer than whatever is fitted as standard, that would be great!
    It’s for the most recent 120, if that helps.
    TIA.

DickBarton

I got about 18 months. Suspect it would have been longer but I’d managed to not spot a slightly loose suspension pivot bolt for 2 weeks of riding…that probably did affect the bearing as only that 1 was not smooth.

Suppose it depends on volume of riding and type of riding…

jamesmio
    Free Member

Just about to swap mine out now as one of them’s developed a rattle.

I usually do the lot as soon as the first one goes, normally about a year’s use I’d reckon.

PS – Bird are out of stock of a few so did some Googling, found these guys. Emailed them the list on Bird’s site and they made up an order for me over the phone for a complete kit. All same Enduro Max spec as Bird use, albeit a wee bit more expensive (but they have stock). Arrived this morning, can’t fault that.

https://www.wychbearings.co.uk/

submarined
    Free Member

Cheers both.
    I was going to go to Wych, that cements my plan!
    Unfortunately my creak has been traced, and there are multiple failed ones after only 350 miles in 7 months. I guess this winter hasn’t been the easiest, and it has had to be washed a fair bit (no pressure washer)

DickBarton

@jamesmio, don’t suppose they create a pack code or something for all the bearings? Will make it much easier to order the same thing from them…I always get properly messed up when trying to work out the bearings as I get the codes all confused!

submarined
    Free Member

If they’re the same as the 120 (and it looks like the 120/145/AM9 are, at least?) Then they are:
    4×6800 2rs
    2×6000 2rs
    4×6900 2rs

Mine weren’t loose, but the bike was creaking embarrassingly loudly, and the bearings are corroded and graunchy.a flush and repack has quietened it, but obviously that’s only temporary. Main pivot was the worst.

DickBarton

Thanks…and those codes are standard as in they don’t come.in different widths?

roach

My am9 needs doing too after 9 months.

submarined
    Free Member

Thanks…and those codes are standard as in they don’t come.in different widths?

Yeah, the 6xxx defines the dimensions, 2rs is 2 rubber seals.
    Also forgot the MAX part of the code which I think defines they’re filled with the max amount of balls.

I’m not whinging BTW, it’s been a very grotty winter.
    Think I’m going to repack the replacements though, did that with my last bike from the go and they lasted yonks. (Representative sample of 1 and all that…)

MartynS

I’ve had a year out of some of my bearings, done lower pivot and top linkage. Need to do shock soon
    Also headset bearings are shot now and BB has just been replaced,
    Wych bearings are good, as are airevelo.
    I believe bird use enduro bearings, you can get these anywhere. (If they’re in stock!!)

Her Ather is not much newer and doesn’t need any bearings yet..and they are basically the same, it’s treated the same, just not ridden quite as hard..

Onzadog
    Free Member

Although not for a Bird, I’ve always found Kinetic pretty good for full frame kits. They use max fill bearings with marine grease so no need to repack them when they arrive.

submarined
    Free Member

Great stuff, thanks all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Aeris frames bearings’ is closed to new replies.