Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Advice needed: Expediare a shower of bast…
  • hazzatrazza
    Free Member

Mini-rant/heres the story;

A few weeks back, I had to go to Switzerland for work. My GF and I decided to tag on a weekend in Geneva because why not. We found a hotel through my companies PerksAtWork portal which brought her expedia and she proceeded to make the booking (She was arriving before me so wanted it to be in her name). She entered all her details to pay with her debt card and hit confirm. She got an error message saying something went wrong. We gave it a few hours to see if any booking emails or anything came through, nothing. I try again using my details my everything works fine and we now have a hotel for weekend. The next day, she checked her account; expedia charged her the price of the room even though she got an error message when trying to book. She calls up expedia, they have no record of the booking. Call up her bank; they confirm the payment was taken by expedia. Back on the phone to expedia; they say these bookings are handled by an affiliate company, which we cannot find a phone number for. Get in contact with the affiliate company, in the meantime, we got to Geneva, have a lovely weekend and hope she will get refunded…
    She gets a reply from the affiliate saying that payment was taken from her account and that a booking was made with the hotel(?). They have sent a refund request to the hotel but the hotel declined the request; since we had a booking but never turned up(?).

Has anyone had a similar experience or any advice on where we go from here?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ask the affiliate company to supply a copy of the booking confirmation email that they sent your GF?

There must be a load of information generated by each booking – ask for that too.

Edit: Actually your contract was with Expedia…. it’s up to them to supply the confirmation emails and other booking information.

hazzatrazza
    Free Member

Good thinking sharkbait. We’ve email chains on the go with both expedia and the affiliate company on the go but as you say, the contract is with expedia so i’ll try them first

jimdubleyou

Expedia via perks at work has been a “variable” experience for us. Not sure I’d bother again now they do their own points system.

Good luck getting your money back – might be worth trying a charge back if you get nowhere.

dashed
    Free Member

Confirmation of “no booking” from expedia by email (rather than just phone), contact bank fraud team and ask them to investigate / refund?

sharkbait
    Free Member

They have sent a refund request to the hotel but the hotel declined the request; since we had a booking but never turned up(?).

I’d also be amazed if the hotel got paid by Expedia or the affiliate co. before the booking date….. or even on the actual weekend.

Twodogs

just claim it back through your bank…you don’t need to chase anyone else. it’s the law.

hazzatrazza
    Free Member

Thank you all for the advise, we’ve provided everything to the bank and its now with them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed: Expediare a shower of bast…’ is closed to new replies.