Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Adding another water bottle cage inside the frame
  • continuity
    Free Member

I want to put a second water bottle cage on my size L (500 reach, plenty of space) NS Synonym. It has 3 bosses, all in a line forward of the shock.

This:

Lyne Holy Cage

The Lyne Holy Cage adapter – looks genius. Only thing is it’s import only from South Africa and v expensive.

I don’t want side by side cages as they’ll catch on my legs / knees.

Are there any alternatives? The B-RAD and similar move bottles, but not sure they add space for two?

nickc

and v expensive.

Had a look, holy cow! £45.00. Old skool bladder?

pothead
    Free Member

That’s on Amazon but I’d guess they’re widely available, a mate has one under the top tube on his hardtail

chaos

SJS cycles do all sorts of bottle cage adapters like the BBB adaptrail which can do two bottles in line with each other.

Failing that know anyone with a 3D printer to knock up something like the Lyne one you found or to use in conjunction with the BBB rail?

mrlebowski
    Free Member
    scruffythefirst
    Free Member

£45 doesn’t seem too bad for a rather niche product considering what it must cost to make, how much is the bike worth? A decent hydration pack is more than £45.

continuity
    Free Member

@nickc

@scruffythefirst

That’s before the £30 shipping and probably another £10-20 in import fees.

@pothead

link blocked?

@mrlebowski

full sus plus dropper not compatible

@chaos

Know anyone good? Not sure a forum post saying “hi please can you rip off this niche product cos im cheap” is gonna get positive replies…

zerocool

Fidlock do a universal kit that straps a new mount to your frame. I have it on my hardtail to store stuff in their case.

zerocool

Doesn’t Wolftooth (I think) do a plate that expends your bottle mounts so you can carry 2 (or more) bottles on 1 set of mounts?

Edit – Wolf tooth’s B RAD base.

Also SKS Anywhere Mounts.

Fidlock Universal Base

Some other ideas in this article
    Size Specific water bottles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.