Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Actually been in a high street bank recently?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I went into NatWest in Chester the other day….. First time in years.
    It was very nice, clean, tidy, lots of ATMs etc but enough staff a couple of whom were wandering around checking that people were in the right place, offering advice and generally being helpful.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

well said

take an hour out of that for lunch breaks and i’d hardly call that typical hours. fair play to you for those hours, but to me thats less than 35hrs a week, hence not what i would call typical.

30 mins for lunch, an hour is too long, 37.5 hour week. I have no interest in working longer than 37.5 hours tbh.

Fairly typical mainly office based job, mechanical engineer in a pharma plant.

I’m worked in aviation, defence and pharma and never worked 9-5 in 27 years of working.

Only pointing out that what some folk see as normal hours aren’t as widespread as they think.

molgrips
    Free Member

YOU CAN PAY IN CHEQUES WITH YOUR BANK’S APP (for most banks)

I didn’t know this until recently but you can, and it works.

On topic – Barclays used to have three branches in Cardiff, now there’s one. But it’s very swish, like a boutique hotel but brighter.

Sandwich

appears to be open from 2pm until 2:05 on alternate Tuesdays.

Is it also downstairs in an unlit cellar with a beware of the leopard sign on the door?

christophert21
    Free Member

@nobeerinthefridge

maintenance engineer in a pharma plant. whilst working shifts i can go in-store whenever i choose. but currently working 8-16.30 while undergoing some training. find it impossible to make it to the nearest branch before it closes

takisawa2

HSBC Yesterday to open accounts for my two lads. Quick, efficient. No complaints. Branch was clean, tidy & open at 1pm on a Saturday. Imagine that back in the 80’s !!!
    When the wife & I merged accounts I was impressed from a security aspect that I had to physically visit the account with ID etc.

Lloyd’s were excellent a few months ago when my Dad passed away. Dealing with his accounts was simple &, at what was a terrible time, very sensitively done. The branch was nice, discreet & the coffee was excellent.

Barclays in Lichfield has always been a dog hole. It has wood chip wallpaper FFS. 🙂

footflaps

YOU CAN PAY IN CHEQUES WITH YOUR BANK’S APP (for most banks)

Only up to £500 with Barclays last time I tried and had to post it to the bank…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@christopher21 fair enough, but tbh after 16 years of shift work, I’d gladly have given up the chance of getting to a bank if that’s what it took to get back to a normal life, and away from the negative health effects that shifts bring.

Fortunately I have hours that suit me and my lifestyle a lot better now.

Who ye work for mate?.

eskay

Went into Santander a few months ago to open a current account for my son’s. It was a Saturday morning and the place was dead, they said I had to have an appointment!!
    Walked to the other end of the High Street to HSBC who were extremely helpful and friendly and opened two accounts with them instead.

burko73

our local lloyds is only open 9.3 to 3pm Mon to Friday. Lucky I seldom need to go in there. they don’t even ring up for “account reviews” these days (ie trying to sell you something…).

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Actually been in a high street bank recently?’ is closed to new replies.