Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Accommodation for Ventoux – Bedoin or Malucene?
  • susepic

Hi there, have had Ventoux on my “things I’d like to do” list, and looking at September this year.

Has anyone got any recommendations for bike friendly hotels as a base for a few days down there?

TIA

S

jkomo

Bedoin cos it’s the nicest ride up, and a lovely town, and you are the Gorges side.
    The Malucene climb is a horror show.

IHN

No recommendations of hotels, cos we were in the camper van, but you can also do it from Sault, that’s what we did. Nice town, too.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Have you tried Enty’s place?
    I think it’s called veloventoux or something similar….

Here you go….

Cinglé

jkomo

As above Sault is gorgeous.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Watching this with interest as I have a flight booked for the first week in July to do something similar!

i_like_food

I’ve spent lots of cycling holidays in that area. I’d second Sault too, the climb is easier than the other two, but you can easily ride to Bedoin via the south of the MTN (take the road via the Gorges de Nesque) or to Malalucene via the north of the mountain.

Sault is also quieter.

You’ll have a great time! 🙂

i_like_food

Also, I assume your on a road bike? If so you should ride the D177 south of Venasque (and explore Venasque) then come back via the D4. Amazing road loop.

susepic

Thanks folks, some food for thought. Hadn’t thought about staying in sault so will look at maps and routes. Though should I save that easier ascent for when I’m older and more decrepit.
    Will talk a look closer look at veloventoux as well.

Yes, it’s on the road bike, and have just put on a compact chainset, though might want a bigger xassette.

Will update w any additional info.

Looking forward to training in the sunny weather and getting out there.

@sturdylad
    interested in any tips after your July jaunt, have fun.

Cheers
    S

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.