• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Accom near Oxford
  • Alex

Working at Uni for three days in a couple of weeks. Bit of a drag to drive it (train is even worse). Anyone know of a decent pub/B&B on (pref) Whitney side. I could stay in Purple Palace/Travelodge but would prefer something a bit less anonymous esp if weather is nice and I can sit outside with a beer!

Will prob take a bike as well and do a ride in my old Watlington stomping ground. Will also prob do park and ride every day to get to Uni.

Jamze

Vale of the White Horse too far? 30 mins to Botley park and ride on a good day. Friends have a nice Airbnb, can sort secure bike storage, pub in the village 🙂

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/18523171?adults=1&guests=1&s=42&unique_share_id=5c22c2b2-ad65-4aca-a897-f52b828746be

Alex

Thanks @jamze looks a lovely spot but I’m coming from Gloucester side so not really ideal. And I prob need to be a bit closer…

weeksy

The premier Inn by the mini plant is ok, as far as premier Inns go.

ampthill

What’s your budget? You can stay in the old prison

https://www.malmaison.com/locations/oxford/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn4qWBhCvARIsAFNAMijaVFF_P_CoB109NJR0-MPEIqs_Kf6w0oeFs5c6Oc9qiE2NGoAALYYaAlqOEALw_wcB

There’ll be no students can the uni ask a college if you can rent a room?

andos
    Alex

Premier inn is kind of a last resort. Thanks @andos that looks okay. Definitely not MalMaison budget. I did ask actually about Uni accom but it’s all booked out – place is busier outside of term time!

jkomo

Have a look in Woodstock, you can ride in from there, bike path straight into oxford. Jump on the river at Portmeadow and ride right into the centre.

Alex

will take a look now, thanks

Caher

I’ve stayed in the university itself a few times via booking.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.